Hello.

Palom

Hello.

I never know what to say re: introductions. I'm pretty shy, so I usually tend to sneak in and just reply here and there until I'm comfortable, rather than make a whole post about myself. But hi.

I've been playing FFXIV since 1.0. I started on Balmung, but I've been playing on another server for a long time now, and recently went and boosted a character on Balmung to try to play there and (mainly) get into the RP.
I do a lot of text and tabletop RP elsewhere, and I RPed in FFXI and WoW for years, so I get the concept.
I have no idea how to actually get into the RP in FFXIV yet, however. So I did some searching, and that's how I came across this forum. I've been reading around a bit, but I can't use any of the links I see. They just bring me back to the main page. I have no idea what I've done wrong.
Still, I hope I can figure out RP and get into it one of these days. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Palom

Thank you for reaching out, timid one. What is it you're looking for? What's your favorite RP style?

In example, I myself don't get around to much RP in-game, but instead trend toward docs and forum posts. Others, as I understand it, do like to host events and weekly gatherings. Ultimately whatever you are interested in, I'm sure you'll find it. Or maybe it will find you.

Hi! There are some RP hubs you could go to just for some random surprise walk-up RP! Mainly the Quicksand. I've never RPed there though and I get lots of RP nowadays. Finding contacts on here is a good place to start I think.

Do you have any idea of what your character might be like? Maybe them and my own character might get along and we could set up a scene to see how it works in-game? I wouldn't mind!

Besides that, there are public events always going on if you check the calenders here. Its not -my- main source of rp, but I imagine for some others they might be. I generally just do 1 on 1s with my contacts. If any restaurants, clubs, tournaments, etc seem enjoyable to you when checking the weekly rp events, you could get your feet wet that way too!

Hello Lihya Zharipoh. Thanks for the advice!

I'm still working on my character, really. I tend to start with a base and backstory and see how the character reacts in situations to flesh them out. So I'll check some of that out.

Hopefully when I've got a firmer grasp on things, I can poke you to see if your offer is still open.

Greetings @Palom , I'm glad you find your way to this website! I understand how you feel about waiting until your comfortable to post an intro. In fact, I still haven't. ^ ^; Like yourself I kind of faded in due to being bashful about posting at all. 

I envy 1.0 players, though I know that's easy to say in hindsight. Still, it must've been quite a thrill to see the game improve so drastically and in such a relatively short span of time. 

Once you've got a good sense of your character's background, posting a profile is a good way to cast a net of interest.