IC Store Questions

Hmmm, is the time right? I am asking simply out of my own curiosity and lack of lore knowledge post-cataclysm. Seven months after the big boom, would there be shops popping up? This is relevant to my character personally seeing as he is a smith, and possible connections can be made here. I've kind of RPed him being out and about surviving in the wild for two years while the cities were just beginning to recover. If they bounced back quicker than that, do let me know.

I planned on him returned to LL and working for the city to help restore it, joining the ELU. Speaking of, have you considered if your characters would be members of it? (If you don't know much about it, we can talk in PMs.) 

Anyway, if you'd like to make some connections and give my character a shot at being one of those smiths working in the shop for about a year or so before game's launch, let me know :)

Idk, I think right after the post apocalypse would be the best time for a shop to open up. If you think about it, so much has been destroyed. People are in panic and chaos. There's money to be made in chaos, people want to stock up on food, water, supplies to ensure their survival. Ontop of that, a lot of other merchants could have had their things destroyed, some of the big competition could be dead for all we know.

So opening up 7 months would sound a little genius if it was out of greed for gil, or charity or a mixture of both.

1. Does this concept feel forceful onto the player base?

2. I plan to make an IC flyer and post it on the RP section of the forums, would that be acceptable?

3. Is there any changes or suggestions you would like to make as a community?

First of all, this is a great concept. I love it and I could see Uther and my possible alt Wart both being loyal customers.

1. No

2. Yes

3. Not at all, I'll even advertise for you by IC word-of-mouth.

This is a lovely idea, and I would gladly patronize you! I will also mirror Uther and say that I would also tell others about you. I think the community feeling would be great. It's also, honestly, what I do with places I like, so it seems pretty natural.

I bet it's also a lot more fun than buying from NPCs. I hope it works out!

Love this idea! I hope it spawns similar ideas in others and we could end up with a complete IC marketplace...

Maybe even some other player-run businesses. (hotels, zoos, clubs, gardens, offices for various things... etc) Adding content to pre-existing IG content makes the game even better- especially if you're dealing with PC's vs NPC's. :) The more IC contact, the more networking, the better the RP ops.

:thumbsup: I support this! And shall look you up when I need armor and supplies... and pass the word around. What do you think you will call your shop?

I like the idea of an IC/OOC shop. I had something like that planned for Ron as well. Who actually might get the help of someone else for it(still in discussion).

Although in my character’s case I had something else in mind. I was planning to turn Ronberku into a blacksmith who creates HQ weapons and armors for “free”. He will however only provide his service to those he deem worthy or interesting. Basically this could lead either in a conversation or he might send the person to prove his/her worth by doing/obtaining something. He’ll still have an assortment of regular stuff up for sale. Things he’d consider as failed creations. Off course, I actually need to see and find out how feasible this is. Because it depends on the difficulty of creating HQ weapons/armors and the material cost associated to it. But this is sort of my goal.

That and I need to level some other crafts to fully realize this lol. Also he’ll most likely be vending and providing his service in Limsa Lominsa. I wonder how that will go considering everyone on Balmung didn’t get rid of their old habit of sticking around uldah…

Whelp, here it is The Celestial Forge 8-)

Rad. 

I know you said this would be set up in Limsa, but do you have an actual location or are you just going to find an open spot on the docks when the game launches? I know that in games like WoW some buildings are entirely empty in major cities. I'm wondering if FFXIV has similar areas.

The main reason I ask is because my alt, Wart, is a sort of tinkerer who puts little inventions and such on his armor to help him fight. Besides alchemy, though, he doesn't know anything about crafting. Since he will probably make Limsa his base of operations, I imagine he'll become a frequent customer.

Whelp, here it is The Celestial Forge 8-)

Rad. 

I know you said this would be set up in Limsa, but do you have an actual location or are you just going to find an open spot on the docks when the game launches? I know that in games like WoW some buildings are entirely empty in major cities. I'm wondering if FFXIV has similar areas.

The main reason I ask is because my alt, Wart, is a sort of tinkerer who puts little inventions and such on his armor to help him fight. Besides alchemy, though, he doesn't know anything about crafting. Since he will probably make Limsa his base of operations, I imagine he'll become a frequent customer.

Soon as I know, there will be a screenshot and cords on the topic ^_^

I know one of our Free Company members is looking to set up a little fashion shop operating out of our company housing once we all get settled in.  I love this idea.  We have IC gatherers and crafters, why not vendors?

...oh, and hello one and all... :)

Funny thing, I RPed Azyria has having a small smithy business with her sister in 1.0 in Ul'dah. I'm thinking the store would have survived all this time. Possibly even thrived what with the need for weapons and armors growing with the troubles about the war and Dalamud etc, though it would have remained a small business. Used to be part of the Silver Anvil, too. Will again if the planets and stars align properly, etc.