New to FFXIV RP!!

Ghosty

MMORPG background: I was a heavy Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 player previous to joining FFXIV. I also dabbled in SWTOR for a bit and AION.

RP experience: I have been RPing on forums since about 2008, and in game since about 2010

Character ideas/info: My character Nova is as similar as I could make her to my character in GW2, but I have no idea how to plot for ffxiv!

How did you learn about the coalition?: I stumbled here via a google search on how to best rp in FFXIV, none of my static members or freinds that I currently play with are into RP, so I was hoping to connect with some people that do :]

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? medium-heavy, I was very active in my guilds previously and helped organize events and plots with other guilds which was a lot of fun.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): FFXIV and other video games are my hobby, I'm usually at my desk if I'm not working 😛

I'm currently on Malboro but will be transferring to Bryn soon. I don't mind world-hopping to meet up with some people that could show me the ropes and explain ffxiv rp etiquette. 

Thanks and I'm excited to meet some of you!

ffxiv_dx11 2020-03-07 22-04-17.png

ffxiv_dx11 2020-03-07 22-07-40.png

Welcome to the RPC @Ghosty 😊 

It's been a while since I've played GW2 but I remember thoroughly enjoying that game! My favorite aspects of it were that every class was a delight to play and most (if not all) had some unique twists on old ideas, the developers and community were a joy to interact with and the fashion...*__* GW2 had SO much style going on! My experience with FFXIV has been very similar, so I hope you also have a wonderful time playing this game. :D 

Also, having come from SWTOR I think you'll appreciate the glamour save system. I don't recall what the rules were in SWTOR but I remember that game having a pretty cool outfit save function.   

Hey, welcome aboard to the RPC! 

The community is always in need of more people that can take the reigns and churn on events. The only snag you may hit is you will find the majority of the RP presence on Mateus and Balmung, which may make your guild prospects a little more uncertain. That said, there are independent groups that operate like guilds that are cross-server friendly, and it's a good way to get introduced to a server community too. 

And yeah, the glamour system is FFXIV seems to have been copied either to or from SWTOR. It's really convenient to use, even if it takes a little bit to warm up to.