Character back story feedback

LeCard

I am creating the character for play after launch on the designated RP server and I was hoping for some feedback on my ideas so far.

Name: Rogier Le’Card

Class: Arcanist

Role: Researcher

Birth: Limsa Lominsa to the Pirate Le’Card family

Back story: Born to one of the many Pirates of the Limsacoast, Rogier was exposed to many different cultures and artifacts as he grew up. His father being of the swash buckling trade Rogier was exposed to the art of handling both a blade and a gun, but it would be the artifacts that he received as presents from his father that would shape Rogier’s future. One such artifactwas his first grimoire; from this he learned how to summon Carbuncle after several months of study.  At first hethought of carbuncle as a simple pet, but as he learned to attune his aether to his familiar he began to hear carbuncle instruction him on the use of gemstones. He had just begun to master his first real spell by his 15thbirthday and needed to find a new grimoire with more spells.

The calamity:

Rogier was 18 when thecalamity struck Eorzea. His father was at sea and has yet to be found. Rogier search for a few years and in that time found several texts describing the origins of carbuncle. He lost track of his plan to find his father and began looking further into his study of magic, even go so far as to travel to the southern seas. Though he searched Rogier was unable to find the place of origin for his use of the Arcanum. With a new grimoire in hand he set out to return to his homeland of Limsa Lominsa…

I don't think the world of Eorzea has guns

(but I could be wrong)

Otherwise, sounds like you have a lot to work with! ^_^

I think the empire has guns, the Warrior got shot in the End of an era Cutscene.

They do have guns, but only a few people RP with them. It's still not really clear how some people would react to the technology in Eorzea, but that doesn't mean some of us don't possess them ;)

They do have guns, but only a few people RP with them. It's still not really clear how some people would react to the technology in Eorzea, but that doesn't mean some of us don't possess them ;)

I imagine it would be something like this;

tumblr_lmqhwq4EHg1qbwhum.gif

I imagined it more like this.

tumblr_mczkwrLf6l1rpkalr.gif