Heya, Trying FF14 RP

Heya,

I suck at the welcome type of thing so I'll try to make it the best I can lol.  I've been playing FF14 since the release of ARR and decided it might be pretty fun to try out Roleplaying in FF14.

MMORPG background: My first MMO was Everquest back in 1999 when I was about 10 fell in love with MMO's ever since.  I've played multiple MMO's since then from Everquest 2, Vanguard Saga of heroes, World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, Tera, Rift, Ect.

RP experience: As for roleplay experience, I used to roleplay in Everquest 2 as a Half Elf Ranger and found it pretty enjoyable but due to changes in the game and life changes I kinda fell out of it.  So I'm kind of curious if I still am able to pull it off lol.

Character ideas/info: As of right now I really only have minor idea's since I just made a character on Balmung and may reroll on a server that has the road to 70 buff since it makes unlocking area's for more roleplay area's easier.  Plus it might be possible to get a house on a different server lol.  But as for the idea's I have I'm leaning on an adventurer from Gridania who specializes in physical weaponry and enjoys learning new fighting styles.  Figure throw in some personality quirks such as being kind, semi cocky, sarcastic, and flirtatious yet easily flustered by the opposite sex which could allow him to get into predicaments which he regrets because they could have easily been avoided might be fun.

How did you learn about the coalition?: Looking up FF14 Roleplay and looking up some guides on how to get into it on FF14.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy): That really depends I think the best answer for me is the type that has fun.  The type that when a new patch drops the MSQ gets done on my main character before I start RPing again.  What can I say I really enjoy the story of Shadowbringers at the moment.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): I don't mind sharing some of my hobbies, I'm mainly into gaming, anime/manga, and nature type stuff.  Favorite non-MMO's are Zelda series, Megaman series, Final Fantasy 7, Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  Favorite Anime by far is Slayers.  As for Nature I just enjoy the sights, sounds ect which is probably why Gridania is my favorite city lol.

As I said I suck with welcome type things.  But any advice or anything of the sort is welcome.  With the world travel feature if you have a suggestion for a different realm that might be better than Balmung because of road to 70 or easier to get a house it'd be appreciated.  I haven't roleplayed in literal years so I'm hoping to get into it again.

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! o/

Long as you're within the Crystal datacenter, you'll be golden for having access to the lion's share of the RP community. World travel from any of the main capital cities will handle the rest!