Newbie alert!

Greetings all!  I’m a newcomer to FFXIV RP, but not to roleplaying in general. I’m hoping to start getting plugged into the scene and having a lot of fun with you all!

MMORPG background: I’ve tried a lot of different MMOs over the years, from WoW to The Secret World to DCUO to SWTOR. Most haven’t been able to hold my attention very long, but those that did were the ones that I found awesome roleplay experiences in.

RP experience: I’m a few years out of practice, but most of my MMO roleplay experience comes from DC Universe Online, where it kept me interested in the game for a couple of years, and still draws me back now and then. Prior to MMOs I did a fair bit of forum based roleplay and still try to play tabletop now and then.

Character ideas/info: I’m still trying to learn even the basic lore of FFXIV so I can build out more of my character’s backstory. Right now it’s barely even a shell:

·         Darien Gryphonheart –  Trained in the basics of swordsmanship, survival, and manners, Darien set out from his homeland with little save his thirst for adventure and enough money to book passage to Ul’dan. Young and inexperienced, Darien now travels the land, seeking to improve himself, his knowledge of the world, and his place within it.

How did you learn about the Coalition? Google searches for best MMOs to roleplay in.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)? Once upon a time I would have answered heavy, but I think at this point in life I’m leaning more toward medium. I enjoy everything from a social tavern RP to in-depth player-run events.

Time/Location/Availability: I’m on the East Coast, and available most days, though timing may be sporadic throughout the day, and my job sometimes changes my shift time with little to no warning.

• 2 weeks later...