New to FFXIV and RP! Hello!

Taiyou0

Hello wonderful role-players of Final Fantasy XIV! I'm Tai and I've fallen in love with the game 2 hours into the trial that I bought the complete edition 2 days!

MMO BACKGROUND: I'm coming straight from PSO2JP with 4 years under my belt in that game. I have also played SWTOR, TERA, Blade and Soul, and Grand Chase for about a year each, and Elsword for about 9 years.
RP Background: None! I've always been interested in the idea of Role-Play, but was too shy and nervous to ever jump into the chance, but I want to make a new start with FFXIV, and I hope to make it something to do while I level up and do content in game.
Character Info: I'm not well versed in the lore of FFXIV, but here's an outline of my character. C'namya Tey is a young Miqo'te brawler that makes a living entering tournaments all across the world. However, she's been in a losing streak and is financially poor, spending the last of her gil to hitch a ride to Ul'dah and make a huge gamble on winning the fame and fortune she's always hoped for.

How did you learn about the coalition?: I came across this from a website that listed all RP sites from a variety of MMOs from a Video on Youtube called RPing in MMOs: A Beginner's Guide [Part I - Enter the World], which is the inspiration that made me push myself to want to start RP!

What kind of Role-Player are you aiming to be?: Since I'm still very new to the world and setting of FFXIV(level 54 Monk at the time of writing), light to medium RP until I get more comfortable with character building and development.

Looking forward to meeting you all in Eorzea!

Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC, Tai! 

Take your time leveling up and questing, there are so many tidbits of lore garnishing everything from one-off side quests right down to cooking ingredients. X)  Some find hanging out in RP hubs (like The Quicksand in Ul'dah) and observing the ebb and flow of RP to be helpful as they take their first steps. 

Tai's story of falling on hard times and trying to use a fresh start to trigger a return to brawling glory is very compelling. Just from the training alone you could have her go all Bruce Lee and learn things from various martial disciplines to broaden her knowledge and bolster her fighting repertoire. Getting training from retired heroes, sparring with seasoned warriors, studying techniques employed by certain Free Companies (guilds), there's lots of room for her to grow however you play it. And, of course, taking on some adventurer jobs to make a quick gil.