Tips for RPing a healer?

Hello all! I was in the process of making a new Miqo’te character who was one of the healers/medics for his clan! With that being said, this is the first time I’ll be actively RPing a healer! Would anyone happen to have any tips on how I would go about healing someone who is hurt in an RP (for example, on conjurer)? Any and all tips are appreciated!

My biggest advice, magic in ff is not a cure all bandage.  Let the person you are healing decide it's effectiveness.  A lot of people use wounds as development.  We've heard of amputees from war where conjury only did so much and even with some characters it took multiple treatments before their conditions improved.  Certainly some advice I wish other healers had heard lol

Mostly reiterating what Sheep Shifter said, but remember someone probably gave their character an injury on purpose. Let them decide how well it works, whether its by leaving the post open-ended, or by discussing it OOC with them first. My take is that healing magic is not a total, instant fix, but ultimately it's up to you what your interpretation is of how healing magic work and what you have in mind for your character's skill level.

Also something I've run into RPing healers personally is during open RP's with many people around, a lot of healer RPers will kind of push and shove for the spotlight of being the one to treat an injured person. So I guess, uhhh, what I'm saying is be prepared for those people, and don't be that person lol. Be courteous if someone else's character is already handling the situation.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that in most cases, as with other types of magic, healers can't just keep casting spells all day without any impact on themselves. These spells require some source of energy, and should they become unable to draw on aether from their surroundings (maybe they overdid it, maybe they're in a hostile environment, etc.), the healer may well end up harming themselves (or others) in their attempt to help someone (see the conjurer quests for an example).

Of course, it's entirely up to you to decide how/if you want to play this angle, but I think it could definitely make things interesting.