New to it all.

V'sato

Welcome! If you're new to role-play, this might be a good thread to check out: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1770

Don't worry about asking questions or feeling shy. I'm still learning myself after many years at it, but that's the fun thing about it. It helps add another layer to the game and when the questing is over and the dungeons beaten, you still have this sense of a living world and your character. If you get that into it, that is.

I've been reading that thread piece by piece giving it time to soak in. Its really helpful to learn some of the basics of the RPing community I didn't know about. I really am eager to get into role playing because of the ways that it can extend the game. I really can't wait to get into it.

Just take it at your own pace. :) If you're in beta, there have been some community events that you may want to try to peek in on just to watch and get a feel for what's going on. There's also a thread (here in the welcome section even) for grabbing a mentor to help you out, if that would help.