Hello there!

Talvinen_B

Greetings! I'm Talvinen, or Talvi.

FFXIV is the first and only MMO that I've gotten into (tried WoW before, not really my thing). Been playing my character Talvi Borealis for about a year and a half now, only now getting into RP though since I've only just caught up to things to the point where I'm comfortable with where I'm sitting content-wise. IRL, I'm just a college student who plays a metric crap-ton of DnD in his free time. I've been DMing various campaigns for the past five-ish years, occasionally even being able to play instead of having to DM.

Generally, I'd probably consider myself somewhere between a light and medium RPer; I enjoy longer stories and getting involved with other players and their characters, but I also tend to enjoy raiding, gathering/crafting, leveling other jobs, stuff like that in my free time. Simply, I don't RP that often when I'm in Eorzea, but when I do, I'm generally looking for something pretty immersive and character-driven. But, overall, I'm really not picky about the type of RP I'm doing; I just like hanging out with people, and RP is a good way to do that.

I'm currently in a non-RP free company in Diabolos (not the most RP-heavy server, I know), and I am involved in zero linkshells. I'm basically looking for an "in" for the RP community right now, since I've got experience with RP in DnD and stuff, but not in Eorzea.

kenobi GIF

Anyway, that aside, welcome to the community! If you haven't already, taking a trip to either Balmung or Mateus can give you a greater chance at walk-up RP. I can't speak for Mateus, but Balmung's scene tends to gravitate towards Pearl Lane in Ul'dah these days--but you can definitely still find the occasional thing going on elsewhere! Another way is popping in on events that're being advertised in the party finder. Plenty of bars/restaurants/clubs being hosted for those looking to find a more relaxed environment for making connections. 

Finally, I'll throw my hat into the ring as well! I'm Gerel Kha on Balmung; feel free to shoot me a message if you ever see me around! Always happy to do a bit of walk-up RP (if I'm able) or discuss this or that about the community/lore/etc.