Reverse the DRK

Hello, sorry in advance for the mistakes, I am French.
I come here to find grounded answers.

1- Let us admit that a character is corrupted by his dark part (Estime).
Can he come to his senses and remove this dark part?
Or better, not to be DRK anymore?

Because in RP currently we have the case of a DRK which has lost control and is under the control of Estime. But can we go back or the person is doomed?

2- Ah and another small question: If we remove the soul crystal from the DRK, does it die?

Bonjour! C'est possible? Je ne sais pas! I don't know as much about DRK lore as others who have played the job's class quests to completion probably do, but I don't see why someone couldn't heal from whatever darkness inside of them has made being DRK possible. As far as I know, black mage is the only class where someone's soul crystal is something that actually protects them from the abilities they're using, so I don't see why removing a DRK's soul crystal would kill them let alone harm them (but it could weaken them). Ultimately, though, it's your RP, so it's up to all of you however you decide you want the story to play out. :)

Hello, thank you for your answer! :)

Well, precisely, I wanted to have the details on this to avoid any problem of knowledge of the RP, because on the net you can find everything and nothing. I had read that losing your crystal was bad for DRK and that it was impossible to come back to how you were after being under the influence of Estime. That's why I'm here to ask if you have any details on this. (The Wol becomes a future Paladin after being DRK. After that, it's the Wol)

Sorry again for my writing and thank you :)