Hey hey hey!

Heya! I'm the unpronounceable M'risha, and I'm here to roleplay with each and every one of you!

:cactuar:

--MMORPG background

I started my amazing yet life-wracking career with Ragnarok Online, before I even know roleplaying existed. From that, I went to WoW, and that's where my MMO-craze really began. I went from WoW to Guild Wars, from Guild Wars back to Ragnarok, from Ragnarok to almost every F2P and P2W MMO available. I played The Secret World for about 10 minutes, and have now set my sights on Final Fantasy XIV!

..That being said.. I have absolutely no Final Fantasy knowledge, though I do know what a Cactuar and a Tonberry is, woop!

(Awkward confession: .. I thought a Cactuar came from Digimon..)

--RP experience

My first ever roleplay thing ever was on a Custom Game in Warcraft 3 in a series of maps called 'DoBRP'. I have never figured out what it stood for, but it was lots of fun, and I spent hours on hours in those maps. 

My roleplaying then extended itself to WoW, where I settled on the Argent Dawn EU server, rping a Gnome warrior because.. why not? Back then, RP was kinda an innocent thing for me, just kinda living out your character, right?

..Then I wandered into Goldshire.. and ran for my virtual life.

Sufficed to say, now I know why MMO's don't have their online interactions rated by the ESRB. :blush:

Moving on, I roleplayed for a while on roleplayerguild.com, where some great forum-based roleplay can often be found. I also did some roleplay in TERA, GW2 and even Age of Wushu, back when 90% of the population wasn't a goldseller.

--Character ideas/info

I will most likely be playing a Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun. I know! So standard! I love cats, I love girls, so why wouldn't I play a catgirl, right? I'm still in doubt, however. Those Lalafell are also so cute, and a tiny lalafell tanking a huge dragon thingamajig? Too awesome!

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that. I almost always play tanks. Standing there at the front lines and somewhat being the unofficial group leader rocks, and I want to be the first one to charge in.

I will most likely main a pugilist/monk this time around. Something about being able to punch down huge baddies with just your hands/feet and inner strength screams cool to me.

As for IC personality, my characters are often energetic, impulsive and playful, with boundless optimism, perseverance and self-confidence. M'risha will most likely be like that as well.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I actually didn't know it existed until Beta 3. I saw some people roleplaying in this port area Marauders start out in, and then went to google to see if people were starting roleplaying guilds. I was pleasantly surprised, there's a whole community out there! I signed myself up with the speed of light and here I am!~

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I would classify myself as medium, but probably weighing towards heavy. Often I drop grinding and questing to roleplay and hang out with people, but I also tend to have my serious moods. I am a real casual player these days though, and leading progressive raiding guilds and even doing progressive raiding is a thing in the past for me. Oh.. right, this was about RP :P

If you find my character in-game and talk to her in /s, you will always get an IC response.. so.. medium!

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I study Japanese language/history/anthropology/art/geography, everything Japanese at a nearby university. It's a full-on weeabo course, which is just right for me. Ask me anything about animé/manga, and I will probably be able to answer it. No, I do not have a hug-pillow or an entire house-full of figurines, though the otaku is strong in me.

I am also semi-fluent in the language, so I was actually considering going for a Japanese server.. but.. It doesn't look like them asians will be RPing anytime soon.. Balmung here I come.

Err.. what else.. I go to the gym 4 times per week and watch everything I eat and have been doing that for about 8 months now. Guess what, hard work -does- pay off!; I lost 45 pounds! :moogle:

The only contact I've ever had with Final Fantasy is Kingdom Hearts and the admittedly craptacular movie Spirits Within. I am also playing the other Final Fantasy games now though! I just finished XIII and XIII-2 (Chinese version, it has Jap voices and English subtitles. Sense.jpg), and am about halfway through 7.

Got this far? Great. Pleasure to meet you all, I hope to RP lots and lots :moogle:

Absolutely awesome intro, and very, very cool studies.

I lived in Okinawa for 3 years as a child- such a neat environment and wonderful people. :) I still have this lingering love for all things Asian (and take my shoes off at the door... always), can sing Mary Had a Little Lamb in Japanese and nearly fell over when I heard the Dragonfly song I learned in Elementary school on the soundtrack to Old Dogs... Funny how things sink into your brain while its still growing.

*offers some chocolate to help you forget the trauma of Goldshire*

Anyway... welcome and I look forward to getting to know you here on the RPC :D

Welcome to the madness!

Just one question though...what's a Nyanologist? LOL :D

Isn't it obvious? Someone who studies the nyan!

I lived in Okinawa for 3 years as a child

*offers some chocolate to help you forget the trauma of Goldshire*

Lived in Okinawa -and- gives chocolate? You are all kinds of awesome :surprise:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :bomb: