Hiya! Newcomer looking for rp friends!

geminick

Hi guys!

I'm known as geminick, or gem for short, online and Jessica offline. 33 years of age, currently studying 2D game art.

Been playing FFXIV off and on since 2013 when A Realm Reborn was launched, but got serious about it ca 2017 I think. Around 2018, I met a group of fantastic new friends who introduced me to in-game roleplaying, something I had been curious about but had never tried. We ended up spending a good amount of our time developing our characters, their relationships and so on. It was fun - but it was also very time-consuming.

Fast-forward to 2020 and the world went coco bananas in more ways than one and our group had already stopped roleplaying due to having limited time. However, I'm now itching for some more roleplaying, but I would greatly prefer if it happened through Discord and not in game. In-game rp from time to time is absolutely fine, but due to time restraints, I'd prefer if the heavier parts happened through Discord. :)

What am I like as a roleplayer?

I like a little bit of everything, but I prefer some kind of romance plot (I feel like everyone and their mother says this, lol). ERP is welcome, but it's important for me that the characters have some kind of bond first (unless we've come to some kind of agreement, like a character being a bit non-committal or something) and that there's an actual plot happening, too. Plotless ERP is also fun, but I'd prefer something more long-term, if possible.

I do like writing paragraphs, but I'm not super-picky when it comes to their length - but one-liners tend to bug me, haha. When it comes down to it, I think I'm leaning towards medium-roleplayer (light, medium, heavy).

What about my character(s)?

I'm a sucker for miqo'te boys. Is anyone surprised? Probably not. I just love them.

Sadly, I'm not on any of the major roleplaying servers - I'm on Lich. But with the world visit as well as the data center visit system coming, I don't think that will be a huge problem. :)

My main character is Cedu'li Nholi, who's a soft, kind, scholarly nerd who wishes to travel the world and write down any lore on all the different kinds of magic he can find.

My second favorite character is Sireh'ya Shilno, a culinarian who has a soft spot for astrology and tarot cards (aka I play him as an Astrologian). He's a very soft and chill person who enjoys pampering the ones he loves with some pretty good food.

And, thirdly, we have N'xihmi Nuhn, a runaway Nuhn who's just... an easily angered, perhaps slightly too open about his sexual preferences, bratty guy wishing to live The Good Life in Ul'dah and ignore his feelings because feelings are just dumb amirite.

There's more of the boys (including introductions of them as characters, my personal art and screenshots of them) over on my old Tumblr, if you're curious. :)

If you're interested in exploring my characters, don't hesitate to send me a DM and we'll talk about it! ❤️  Cheers!