Anyone planning on playing on both platforms with their accounts?

Upon realizing/remembering that ARR will be cross platform and that we could essentially play our 1.0 characters on either platform if we purchased a ps3 version of the game I was curious if anyone currently is considering doing this for whatever the reason and then also a quick couple of Q's to those of u who managed to get in on the ps3 beta codes:

How did you feel toward how FFXIV ran on the console vs the pc version?

I just finished watching the developer video showing the Ps3's UI and controls and it to me at least looks like they created a rather solid UI for the console version.

I'm mainly curious since not realizing i couldn't apply the registration code that will be coming with the ARR CE Ive pre ordered(physical copy) since i have an existing 1.0 pc code registered, that perhaps I'd consider swapping it out for a ps3 CE pre order. I game across multiple platforms and plan on actually swapping out my ps3 for one with more hdd and passing my old model to the gf so I wouldn't have any issues with sharing game space on my ps3 to play the game there from time to time if I wish.

..I almost feel like ive been posting way more then I need to be on here lately, considering im usually more the silent observe the forums from the shadows type O.o

damn ARR anxiety :frustrated:

I'm currently playing beta on PS3. For now, I don't have a PC that can run the game, but when I do I'll be playing on both PC and PS3.

How did you feel toward how FFXIV ran on the console vs the pc version?

It runs very well on the PS3. It's not quite as good as a very good PC, but it's very manageable with only a few minor drawbacks. First, it doesn't look as pretty, but that's to be expected from a console that's nearly 7 years old. Second, load times when zoning or loading players/NPCs when you get near them is noticeably slower, but not horrible. Characters will usually load after a few seconds. Third is the draw distance. Normally it's not an issue, you can see monsters and your party members just fine, but if you're in a group of 50 people crammed together it can't display them all. There's also occasionally some skill visual animation lag, but the effect of the skills doesn't lag. For example, when using a weapon skill on my archer, my character would stand there, the monster would take damage just as it should in the right amount of time, then my character would fire the shot visually. It really had no effect on my gameplay but it looks funny. Also, PS3 cannot currently take screenshots, but they will be adding that in in the future.

I just finished watching the developer video showing the Ps3's UI and controls and it to me at least looks like they created a rather solid UI for the console version.

Personally I think the control scheme works very well, once you get used to it. It's unlike anything else I've used, so it definitely has a bit of a learning curve. You can't have as many skills on screen at once as you can on PC, but you can quickly swap between multiple bars, so it takes a little practice to get used to it. Once you're used to it, it works very well.

I will be when then game comes out on PS4. Console and Comp gaming, even in the same game, are almost like to different experiences xD I did it in FFXI and on my computer I was grindy grindy, get the story for the quest go! On my Console, I would just sit on my couch, chill, and RP, craft, redesign my mog house, talk to my ls.

Ah, thanks for replying.

sounds like the only setbacks to the ps3 version are within the expected that I figured. I think Im entertaining the idea due to at least wanting to get as much out of a purchase of the ARR collectors as well as with my current living setup I thought that when I got rdy to kick back n really unwind in the evening but wanted to game with FFXIV still I could swap out from my gaming pc ,kick back on the couch in front of the big tv screen, grab up a usb keybn keep playing lol.

this may convince me to grab a cable for the ps3 though instead of having it connect wireless to my net connection for stability though, hmm

thanks again on your input

The way abilities are used on the PS3 remind me of Dragon Age on the playstation. I've heard some complaints here and there about the PS3, but I bet the game runs really smooth on the system and playing it on a HDTV must be amazing. So I plan on maybe also picking up a PS3 copy for maybe when I just want to lay in bed and play on my TV instead of my computer.

I'm going to be playing both. I had a 1.0 account, but I preordered the PS3 version for the preorder bonuses and to support the game.

Will probably spend the majority of my time using the PC version, but it'll be nice to have a back up version available.

I wasn't sure how smoothly I'd be able to play FFXIV on my computer so I picked up the PS3 CE back when pre-orders first opened up. Now that I know it runs fine I'll probably do the same as Trickery and mostly play on the PC. Besides, my current TV is about 6 years old and on its last leg.

You can use controller mode on the PC version as well. It even has button schemes for both Xbox and PS3 controller styles.

Move the pc over to the tv, hook up the HDMI port to the big screen, and bluetooth/wireless a controller :D Same thing!

I never thought of that. I'm most likely probably just gonna play it on the PS3 though. I have the old game so I might play it on the compy too but I really doubt it because it's already slowish as hell on this compy so,

The way abilities are used on the PS3 remind me of Dragon Age on the playstation. I've heard some complaints here and there about the PS3, but I bet the game runs really smooth on the system and playing it on a HDTV must be amazing. So I plan on maybe also picking up a PS3 copy for maybe when I just want to lay in bed and play on my TV instead of my computer.

I'm going to be playing both. I had a 1.0 account, but I preordered the PS3 version for the preorder bonuses and to support the game.

Will probably spend the majority of my time using the PC version, but it'll be nice to have a back up version available.

Seohyun - Kind of similar to my thoughts, just switch off to the tv/couch and just go into full relax casual mode heh.

Trickery ur sig looks awesome ^_^