Shouting About Myself to Strangers

Sketchi

Hey hey y'all! I'm Sketchi and I promise you that name isn't a self fulfilling prophesy - I'm actually almost respectable depending on who you ask! I'm an over-literary prose-ridden nerd seeking my people.

Seems like I came to the right place.

Alrighty let's get this intro a-rollin'

MMORPG BACKGROUND

I've been playing MMO's since the FlyFF days.

Some of you just felt your heart stop in your chest at the sudden reminder of your own age and mortality. You're welcome.

To put a number on it, I've been playing MMO's on and off for maybe... 17 years? I became a more hardcore enthusiast roughly 10 years ago, sometime around the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic and, more notably, Guild Wars 2.  I still play GW2 somewhat regularly to this day, but... I mean, I'm on this forum for a reason, right? I fell in love with FFXIV like no other MMO, hell, no other game I've played before. Funnily enough, I never had any interest in playing FFXI. It sorta just blew past me.

I laughed at FFXIV when it was first released and imploded within a year. YoshiP is now laughing at me as I weep over the emotional resonance of his Renaissance-Era Chuunibyou Simulator.  The tables, they have turned.

RP EXPERIENCE

I've been text RPing since my deviantART days,. If I had to place the time period on a scale of AIM and Discord I'd put it solidly in the MSN era... which is to say like, a decade and some change. Not too long after that I got into D&D, and I've been a massive fan of TTRPG's from either side of the table ever since. I opened several (failed) text RP forums and (failed) play-by-post games as I was growing up.

As for game specific RP experience, I played City of Heroes when it was live, an MMO where the RP basically WAS the game. I uh... hold on lemme screengrab a thing I said earlier.

image.png

CHARACTER INFO

Okay so I've only got the one right now. I don't really alt much, but we'll see what the future holds. Anyway hold onto your seats because its time for

inline.png

Or Sygg for short, because that's too much Welsh for my American brain to handle.

Sygglona is a passionate academic who hates the institution of academia. She's equal parts hothead and bookworm and she will absolutely punch you in your stupid face for illuminating reading material. She's a lady who adores the rush of learning something new, believing in her heart of hearts that free and easy access to information is the key to improving the world around her as it attempts to rebuild. Needless to say, the amount of frustration she feels in regards to The Battle of Cartenau's aftermath and the effects of the Seventh Umbral Calamity is immense. She's taken to adventuring across Eorzea mostly out of said frustration... and maybe a bit of spite? The more cloistered and secretive nature of academics and scholars of years past reads to her as weak, cowardly, and most importantly, utterly selfish.

That and.. well, there's a hell of a lot of pre-Calamity reading material left abandoned on the floors and shelves of the dungeons of the world. Someone ought to liberate all that information, right?

HOW DID YOU FIND US?

Google.

Yeah, sorry to be boring, but its true. Congrats on having some functional SEO.

WHAT KIND OF RP'ER DO YOU WANNA BE?

Adequate. That aside, medium to heavy involvement depending on the day. I love playing characters and experiencing stories, but somedays I'm just gonna wanna ride the Duty Roulette, ya know?

WHAT OTHER THINGS MAKE YOU A PERSON OUTSIDE OF THIS SINGULAR NICHE HOBBY?

I'm an artist! See my name? Its because I'm and artist, you see. A bonafide illustrator, an artiste, a weaver of inks and imagery.

I wasn't a terribly creative 12 year old and the handle stuck.

Aside from that, I kinda mentioned everything else already. I'm into comics and animation a whole lot? I uh... I drink a lot of coffee? Sorry no that's not a personality trait lets just wrap this up.

I SCROLLED TO THE BOTTOM, TL;DR

Hi, I'm Sketchi. I'm an artsy hipster of a nerd whose been that way for a long time and it doesnt look like that's gonna stop anytime soon. I play a big green combat librarian who has chosen violence and will continue to chose violence every day of her natural life.

Pleased to meet y'all. Come check me out on Lamia, a server with an extremely minimal RP community because I didn't think things through very well.

Edited by Sketchi