New Blood

Hello everyone! I'm a Spanish RPer whose English tends to fail big time, but at least you have my promise that I'll do my best.

I followed every news about the launch of the original FFXIV back in the day, but ultimately, the game didn't appeal to me. The new version has definitely piqued my interest, so much that I've spent the past weeks daydreaming about my character's story.

So here I am, too eager for my own good ^^;

It's very nice to meet everyone. I hope that our characters will get to interact someday!

Thank you very much!

Upon inspecting the events page, I've come to a realization...

My European timezone is going to make things difficult for me to attend events... ;___;

Oh well, I'll see what I can do when the moment comes!

Myes.. myes.. new blood..

Welcome!~

There are quite a few EU RPers around here, and most people do make an effort to schedule their events with that in mind! :) Try not to worry too much!

welcome! We're very glad you joined us and... don't worry about the timezones. We have members from all over- I highly doubt you'll not find others that share your online times...

Check out the Linkshell area to see if any might fit what you need. :)

Thank you for your messages!

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only European player here so far.

As for Linkshells... Haha, I'm such a noob at the game that I'd feel nervous if I were to join one at first; I'd be a nuisance for my guildmates until I learn a bit more about the game mechanics. Besides, I think it'll be more fun if my character finds her place as the roleplay develops naturally ^^ (can't wait fdgdfghhfghfgh *bites nails*).

Um, I apologize for my ignorance. I've tried to find to find the section dedicated to character profiles, but so far I've only seen one for player profiles. Is the information related to characters posted in some sort of wiki? (?_?)

Thank you for your messages!

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only European player here so far.

As for Linkshells... Haha, I'm such a noob at the game that I'd feel nervous if I were to join one at first; I'd be a nuisance for my guildmates until I learn a bit more about the game mechanics. Besides, I think it'll be more fun if my character finds her place as the roleplay develops naturally ^^ (can't wait fdgdfghhfghfgh *bites nails*).

Um, I apologize for my ignorance. I've tried to find to find the section dedicated to character profiles, but so far I've only seen one for player profiles. Is the information related to characters posted in some sort of wiki? (?_?)

Hey there, and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here! It's my first day as well so I'm sorting out my character profile as we speak!

To start making a character profile, go to this page: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=RPC_Library:Character_page_tutorial

To have a look at other profiles to get a feel for make one, click on this page: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Player_Character

And when the game comes out, besure to join a linkshell when you feel ready. I'm sure everyone and anyone would be more than happy to give you a little tutorial or help where you need it. Have fun! ^^

Ahh.. well thing with the linkshells is this:

Its just a way to chat and meet folks that seem like cool people. Nothing hardcore- you have be a part of 8 total.

Rather like a focused chat room, as I understand it.

Now... the Free Companies is the true "guild" where you're representing and gaining points and... well whatever ARR offers as guild perks. You can only join one.

In the Linkshell area, there are a listing of both IC and OOC shells- some are even meant to NEVER be a Free Company, but just a way to network and/or keep in touch.

The way I see it: cool way to meet people and know that if your guild is offline, you can always hop to another group you get on well with and find someone to chat or RP with.

AND ... lastly...

Your english is very good. Don't let that stress you out. Even if you get tonguetied in the middle of RP IG, we are cool folks and will be patient or help you find the word. :)

No se preocupe, mi amigo!

Ohh, thank you very much for the turorial! I really appreciate it, I think I'd have never been able to figure that out on my own *laughs*.

I'm going to check it now!

Also, about Linkshells, so they aren't guilds? @_@ I see! They're some sort of chat rooms... I guess I'll understand how they work better when I get to actually play the game.

Speaking of which, I got a beta key today!!! *Bounces on her chair*. I've heard that the next beta will be in two days (?), so I hope I'll be able to play a lot and meet many people.

Thank you very much for all your help. I tend to be kinda tense when I join new communities, but everyone has made me feel welcome here.

(By the way, Kyatai, your Spanish is nice! ^^)

Muchas gracias ;)

And yes, as I understand it... though you have to be invited into the Linkshell you want to be a part of. So I think there may be applications in some cases- especially if you may, eventually, make them your Free Company.

Speaking of which, I got a beta key today!!! *Bounces on her chair*. I've heard that the next beta will be in two days (?), so I hope I'll be able to play a lot and meet many people.

YES! Thank you so much for saying something :D

Went to the beta forums and you're right. There is a 5 day beta test starting on the 10th. Looks like they are finally doing the stress testing which should be the very last part of phase 3!

5 whole days to play... *evil laughter*

Hello! ( ' u ' ) Nice to meet you, Clover! i'm new around here too!

As everyone else has said, Your English is very good! so don't worry about that!

I can't wait to read about your character! what will s/he be like? >u<

Thank you! ^^

Aina> Yay, new players united! My main character will be a female hyur; not the friendliest person around, but she won't be a bad girl either. She'll actually have the hairstyle from your avatar *falls*. Is that your character?

I tend to keep my main characters' backgrounds simple. They aren't especial people, just normal citizens who have tried to survive like everyone else.

It is! Her name is Aina Vales~the picture is fan art of her from 1.0, i plan on changing her looks since some years have passed, she was 17 back when i played her, i want to age her abit and change her appearance/hairstyle~ she was a pretty quiet, bookish girl, i mostly RPed with a close friend of mine, she played Ainas big brother :3

Your character sounds really cute! i want to see her sometime!