Reaching Out

Kae

What an outstanding community we've got here~

I'm Gercho. The twenty-one year old lore addict of the west coast with too much time on her hands. You'll all be seeing a lot of me now that I'm here, I'm sure.

I'll [most likely] be playing the lovely Elezen mathematician with a thirst for knowledge and slight obsession with risk and probability, "Mister Moreaux." Really looking to make connections both IC and OOC, right now.

Pleasure to meet you all! Give me a jab and introduce yourself, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Welcome to the site. Your character sounds quite interesting and I can't wait to rp with you when the time comes.

Edit: Wow, I am bad at welcoming people.

Double Edit: I'll be playing a Miqo'te Lancer (future Dragoon) pretty much exclusively. All my edits seem to just be adding things I forgot.

Hello from the other side of the continent!

As you can see form my avatar I,ll be playing Miqo'te.. but also Roegadyn, Elezen and I still have a midlander Hyur from back in 1.0.

This Mister Moreaux sounds intriguing... is he gonna be like Lieutenant Colombo and pretend his first name is Mister?

@Nox - I didn't think it was that bad~

@Asyria - That's quite a few characters there. I don't have pockets quite deep enough for more than one, so I'm afraid you'll all be stuck with Moreaux here. Pbbt~ But goodness no! He would never claim "Mister" as his name. He just sees first names as a privilege. It's a "friends only" deal, with him.

Gosh you guys respond fast. I was a little unsure about making the guy, trying to figure out just where he'll fit into everyone else's rp at this point. Working on finding him a group he can meld into. I've got those pre-introduction jitters that my character will just end up a wallflower, you know?

Considering heading over to Balmung, love big communities.

@Scarlet - feedbackwouldbegreat. Yeah I'm considering throwing up a page for him. I've already got tons of information on the guy, might go ahead and put it up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Welcome to the RPC Gercho! We hope you enjoy it here.

Yes your character does indeed sound interesting and I look forward to learning more about "Mister Moreaux"

The character I play as is a Hyur Midlander Gladiator named Aegon Holt (who isn't completely fleshed out yet).

Well it's nice to make your acquaintance hope to see you around.

@Heat - So I've noticed! It's a relief to see the RP community is so friendly here. Maybe that's to be expected from FF fanboys though, huh? Bwehehe~

@Aegon - Oh, I only referred to him like that to be dramatic. Feel free to call him Percy. Just not to his face, it grinds his gears. But yes, looking forward to seeing you around here too!

@Elka - Aw~ thanks but I'm allergic, believe it or not. Wheat can be deadly. Who knew, right?

The warm welcome is really appreciated, guys. <3

Welcome to the madhouse! I mean, the party...yes, the party. :D

It seems like you're already off to a great start with your character idea, but if you find yourself needing a hand or having a question, feel free to toss it out and someone (especially where lore is concerned) will have or find the answer for you posthaste. 8-)

@Imsey - Word.

@Kya - Oh man, thank you~ Someone who gets it!

@Zarek - I'll take that as a compliment, thanks~ I'm doing alright on the lore so far, I do a considerable amount of research each day and have always been overly obsessed with the "science" of fantasy worlds. When it comes to lore, I've got it in the bag for the most part. It's learning the names of the different places that's got me dizzy.

If I don't get myself too caught up in the forums, I'll get a wiki up for him soon.

Percy is looking at the Arcanist and Summoner classes right now. He gets a bit of a rush from control, and the geometric aspect of Arcanism really intrigues him. Which means I get to wait for the game to actually open before I can actually get his class set up. What a painful wait!

His history is just about fully fleshed at this point, his personality is pretty much set. He talks on his own [not sure how many of you are familiar with that sort of thing] so, for the most part? He's done. My only concern at the moment is that he's a quiet person. An observer. A calculating type. He sits and smiles and keeps it positive, but he's not one to have a long-winded conversation. Quick. To the point. Disgustingly, predictably crooked with his answers. "Would you like another drink?" "I might." Every time. He doesn't like definitive answers. Definitive is boring.

But with all his quirks and odd hobbies and obsessions, he's just - quiet. And surprisingly modest. He's not heavily combat based, though he's not one to pass on the opportunity to spill blood. But he's not so much a crafter either. He's more a historian/scholarly/scientific type. He always wants to learn, so he always travels and latches onto adventurous groups. But, what exactly does he contribute in return? Besides being a dorky [but just so very suave] numbers guy? I'm not entirely sure at this point. That's what's got me itchy.

Also he loves to gamble, and he's quite good at it. Sometimes he cheats. It's pretty much the only way he makes any money. Gems and goldsmithing seem to be an interest as well.

It is so hard to make this guy give me answers to my questions. BI

What an outstanding community we've got here~

I'm Gercho. The twenty-one year old lore addict of the west coast with too much time on her hands. You'll all be seeing a lot of me now that I'm here, I'm sure.

I'll  [most likely] be playing the lovely Elezen mathematician with a thirst for knowledge and slight obsession with risk and probability, "Mister Moreaux." Really looking to make connections both IC and OOC, right now.

Pleasure to meet you all! Give me a jab and introduce yourself, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Hah! Glad I wasn't the only one who was going to play a nerdy Elezen scholar.

@Rock - Hah! Long-eared nerds seem to be my go-to characters. Percy is really something different though.

He's not the stringy, socially awkward type of nerd. He just likes numbers a little more than your average guy. Doesn't fit into the stereotype perfectly.

His history is just about fully fleshed at this point, his personality is pretty much set. He talks on his own [not sure how many of you are familiar with that sort of thing] so, for the most part? He's done.....

Yep.

Mine do too. My typical character scenario is this:

I learn of a game/world I want to join. I read up on it and the races/cultures/lore of it.

Then, I wait... and chat with other folks joining me... Sometimes is a long wait before suddenly, I get a 'sense' of a character (sometimes that sense doesn't happen til char creation though...), then... I let them just talk. Let them -become-. I learn who and what they are, they tell me bits and pieces... I give them a face.

Then... I RP... and I begin to learn EXACTLY who they are and how they feel and interact. I am constantly surprised by what comes out of their mouths or what they do.

I like to think of myself as the 'medium through which my character speaks.' -I- am the puppet, not the puppetmaster, in other words. They come alive in my mind and some... just... won't leave. Ever. haha

So glad to hear I'm not alone in this. I jokingly referred to myself having a form of schizophrenia and Disassociative Disorder... it's that bad when I really get IC with those I resonate with. haha

*offers more gluten-free cupcakes* You can never have enough.. especially the kind that doesn't taste like cardboard... haha

@Kya - Someone has attempted the gluten-free lifestyle maybe? You seem to have some experience, here.

But yes! I had that "issue" too. My mother thought I'd gone plum loco and had me see a psychologist about it. Apparently I'm normal. Maybe it was a bad psychologist? Bwehe~ But no, apparently George Lucas was the same way. It's how the Star Wars world came to be. We're just creative folk, yeah? *winkwink*

Percy is all well and done, he's just quiet. He doesn't like to be prodded with questions, that's where the problem is.

@Mycroft - Actually it was. Glad someone caught it~ How's Sherlock?