RP Help for Beginners

This sat., 13th @ 2:30 pm EST, I will be looking to host an event (provided there is enough interest) geared towards helping new rpers, those looking to shake the rust off, and those seeking to meet others in the community.

IC Details

Claire Fortain, aspiring playwright, has sent flyers around Gridania recruiting actors of all types to try out for her traveling actor's troupe The Healing Winds. All will have a chance to run scenes under Claire's direction.

OOC Details

This event is geared towards new rpers. By 'acting' out scenes, you get to practice what rp is all about. There will be plenty of OOC (out of character) help, to give everyone the understanding they seek. All players of all rp experience levels are encouraged to attend. This is not an actual 'tryout' for anything, that is merely the premise of the rp event, so no pressure! ^_^

I will happily field any questions people have during the event if you send me a tell.

Hope to see some fresh faces there!

Shoot.  I just got home at 3:30 aaaaand it looks like you're offline.  Bummer.  Do you think you're going to stay on Gilgamesh or move to Balmung for P4?

Wait! I thought now is 2:30? Is it that daylight saving thingie in effect?

[EDIT]: Aw, it is, isn't it? I'm sorry I didn't make it...

was small and short but I couldn't have had more fun! 

Took a screen:

ffxiv_20130713_144202_by_richardksj-d6db8z6.png

ffxiv_20130713_150603_by_richardksj-d6db8qf.png

Shoot.  I just got home at 3:30 aaaaand it looks like you're offline.  Bummer.  Do you think you're going to stay on Gilgamesh or move to Balmung for P4?

Wait! I thought now is 2:30? I missed it by an hour? Is it that daylight saving thingie in effect?

Yes it is in effect.

As Aegon said; short but sweet. I sandwhiched it into a very busy weekend for me, because I wanted to give it a test run. Next time it will be better advertised, and run longer! Any who wish to be notified about this ongoing event please add me as friend on this site! I think it'll be a great way to meet new people!

((I will run this even on both Balmung and Gilgamesh in the future. My main server will be Balmung though))

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to do something similar during OB so I can if anyone would like a session during that time if I'm on. That Friday would be best for me personally. State in the Rping in Gilgamesh? thread that you would like something like this during OB also so that others can join in and help you. I can pretty much almost always do this if you see me on so it won't be a problem. My approach is starting out simple with a few character personality exercises that I've found that anyone can do icly. I'm also planning to do some rp lessons in Coalition OOC channel.

Kellen; please feel free to message me with any questions, or if you'd like to run some practice RP. The biggest things beginners face is lack of confidence and underestimating themselves. The quickest way to change that is to jump right in and practice!

I promise I don't bite... hard.... >_>

Rock, I think that Friday would work well I'm just afraid that not all beginning RPers might be able to start on the 16th since that day is reserved for previous Beta Testers.  

Maybe sometime on the weekend would be friendlier?  In either case I'm sure I can get a good showing from some members of my RP group that don't have a lot of experience RPing in an MMO.  Should be fun!

Rock, I think that Friday would work well I'm just afraid that not all beginning RPers might be able to start on the 16th since that day is reserved for previous Beta Testers.  

Maybe sometime on the weekend would be friendlier?  In either case I'm sure I can get a good showing from some members of my RP group that don't have a lot of experience RPing in an MMO.  Should be fun!

Oh no no I just meant that's when I personally can do it for those who have expressed wanting it on here. Saturday for me is flaky due to RL responsibilities but if you can do it then that would be great as I love your scenarios!