Decisions...

So I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some financial advice.

I was thinking about pre ordering FF14 (the pre order items I do have an idea for a child character for :3 ), but there is a Steam Sale going on and I only have about $30 to spend.

Which do you think I should buy first? Steam games or FF14?

I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money as I've made bad decisions with mine in the past but I will say this: there will always be more Steam sales but only one FF XIV pre-order.

Pretty much my thoughts.

If I may weigh in, I do believe that the FFXIV Digital Collector's Edition will be on sale even after launch (I could be wrong) through purchasing an upgrade on the website. This won't get you the physical items, but it will get you the Collector's Edition digital items!

Steam Sales do happen often, but they only happen twice per year, in the summer and in the winter. And right now, I am kicking myself for being broke because of it.

If I may weigh in, I do believe that the FFXIV Digital Collector's Edition will be on sale even after launch (I could be wrong) through purchasing an upgrade on the website. This won't get you the physical items, but it will get you the Collector's Edition digital items!

Steam Sales do happen often, but they only happen twice per year, in the summer and in the winter. And right now, I am kicking myself for being broke because of it.

This will get you the in-game Collector's Edition items, yes. What it will not get you is the preorder bonus items and early access to the game.

I am personally spending my play money on FFXIV, so that's my vote. However, you still have some time. Weigh the pros and cons of both and choose whatever you think will mean more to you down the road than right away. Instant gratification is overrated.