Old face, new game.

Hello there, 

After hearing so much about ARR I've decided to give FFXIV another go and I must say, I like what I see. After a day of playing I was sold and went ahead and pre orderd to offer my support and to get some nice goodies.

As for a little about myself. I'm 28 years old and I've been roleplaying on and off for roughly 15 years on various MMOs, Forums, etc. As it stand, I'm planning to play on Balmung. I'm looking forward to get to know the RP community and hope to find myself a new home within it for my would be Miqo'te Monk.

With that said, I'd love to find people with similar interests to play with. I tend to be mainly a PvPer with a taste for Medium to Heavy  RP when not on the battlefield(Yes, RP PvPers still exist believe it or not). Assuming PvP does exist in this remake, having friends interested in it would be great, if there isn;t, RP will still be there so I'll be around either way. 

But enough rambling from this old man, I'll see you all in game!

Welcome, welcome! I plan to give PvP a bit of a shot myself if for no other reason than it fits into my character's backstory. From what I understand of it there will be 4v4 matches (with possible 1v1s later, I think?) and then larger scale 'training' battles available using the grand companies.

But, I could have it completely wrong so don't quote me there. I'm fairly sure Yoshi-P said that he doesn't want any kind of ganking or open world pvp as it doesn't exactly fit the FF world.

Welcome, welcome! I plan to give PvP a bit of a shot myself if for no other reason than it fits into my character's backstory. From what I understand of it there will be 4v4 matches (with possible 1v1s later, I think?) and then larger scale 'training' battles available using the grand companies.

But, I could have it completely wrong so don't quote me there. I'm fairly sure Yoshi-P said that he doesn't want any kind of ganking or open world pvp as it doesn't exactly fit the FF world.

Sounds about right, open world PvP wouldn't be very fitting in a game like this. Besides, this way it can coexist better with PvE and RP without getting in the way of either. Saves people from forced interaction the kind of PvPers that genre brings.

PvP subject aside, I do hope there will be quite a few late night players to be found, being someone who works the graveyard shift, that's always been a pain for me in the past.

First of all, you better stop calling yourself old as I'm exactly the same age and that means I'd need to start calling myself old woman! :dodgy:  lol In anyway case welcome and I hope to see you around Balmung

Its ok, I wouldn't ask a lady her age and you can always fake it! :D

Jokes aside, thanks for the welcome everyone, I guess we'll see each other in phase 4 hopefully.