Character Idea Help

So I've been working around with ideas for my character since February now, and while I haven't managed to get it all down in one coherent form that could actually be read, I think I have a solid grasp of what I want to do and where I want to go with it. Before I do actually sit down and try to flesh out all the details into a story I want to post here and get some help/input from the community to see what everyone thinks, and make sure I'm not breaking lore. So without delay, here is the nitty gritty of it:

To start out with my character is intended to be a Seeker of the Sun, he was born without a name and was abandoned by his tribe because he was born with a physical deformity, albinism. He has pale white skin, pure white hair, and light pinkish eyes. In early times albinos were believed to also be infertile, so for a male to be born with a physical condition that not only made him useless on a societal level for reproduction (or at least believed so) he also had to shun the Sun because of its harsh effects on his body. Because of this his tribe believed his birth was an ill omen and he was abandoned on the steps of Ul'dah just outside the city.

His cries were heard by a merchant who was traveling into the city, and unable to leave an infant in the sweltering the merchant rescued the small child but had no means to care for him, the infant was left in the hands of a Priest at the Temple of Thal. The Priest hesitantly accepted the task of raising the child, giving him the name Ashren. He was raised at the temple and trained in the many rituals and burial rites that the clergy performed, it was here that he was first exposed to the potent affects of Aether, often sneaking away to watch the Thaumaturges train in the temple and awed by their shows of wielding ice and fire like a Gladiator wielded sword and shield.

We skip ahead several years and at this point Ashren has become a full fledged Thaumaturge himself, his latent aetherial prowess awakening early on and he eventually becomes an adventurer to answer the call to arms and help the Eorzean Alliance fight back against the Garlean Empire. Eventually he finds himself at the Battle of Carteneau, fighting tooth and nail against the Empire alongside his best friend, a Gladiator he grew up who gave him the name Snow because of his pale white appearance. In an attempt to defend Ashren, his friend (who will be named later) leaps in front of a bolt from some Magitek Armor, the blast destroys his shield and sends him flying backwards while a chunk of debris from the shield hits Ashren in the face causing him to lose most of his vision in his right eye. Ashren collapses just as Bahamut appears, though before he can fall into unconsciousness the last thing he sees is a blinding light as Louisoix' spell takes effect and jaunts him five years into the future.

That's pretty much the synopsis of my idea, once I'm certain it'll pass and get some input I'll work on actually writing it all out along with how he started the Blades of Nald'thal. Anyways, thoughts?

I really like the idea. It's really solid and you can tell that you've really given it some thought. I'd like to know even more about the character, personality wise, but other than that, the concept and general history path is really strong. Not an idea I expect to see much of. Do you intend to put a scar over (or as close to) his injured eye and use "odd eyes" to make it a different color (say... white or something of that nature) so show his damage and partial blindness?

I really like the idea. It's really solid and you can tell that you've really given it some thought. I'd like to know even more about the character, personality wise, but other than that, the concept and general history path is really strong. Not an idea I expect to see much of. Do you intend to put a scar over (or as close to) his injured eye and use "odd eyes" to make it a different color (say... white or something of that nature) so show his damage and partial blindness?

I do yeah, but one of the things I noticed that I'll have to figure a way around was that the only eye I can put a scar over (which was why I picked it for his partially blind one) is the same eye that is uncovered by the Black Mage AF helm. One idea I had was perhaps saying that he embeds a crystal shard into the eye which could allow him to see Aetherial flows through it, but I'm afraid that might be a bit much.

I do yeah, but one of the things I noticed that I'll have to figure a way around was that the only eye I can put a scar over (which was why I picked it for his partially blind one) is the same eye that is uncovered by the Black Mage AF helm. One idea I had was perhaps saying that he embeds a crystal shard into the eye which could allow him to see Aetherial flows through it, but I'm afraid that might be a bit much.

That is a predicament, isn't it? Doesn't the eye that is covered have like... a symbol on the covering? Something like this? If push came to shove, I'd just say he modified it to allow him to see out of that symbol (looks like a cross, so I'll call it a cross). He could claim that the mask is mainly a scare tactic or something. Just throwing another idea out there. I'm not a lore master, so I don't know if your idea is feasible or not.

That is a predicament, isn't it? Doesn't the eye that is covered have like... a symbol on the covering? Something like this? If push came to shove, I'd just say he modified it to allow him to see out of that symbol (looks like a cross, so I'll call it a cross). He could claim that the mask is mainly a scare tactic or something. Just throwing another idea out there. I'm not a lore master, so I don't know if your idea is feasible or not.

Good point, if nothing else I can say the little cross on the mask was actually a lense or something.