Hello

I'm really terrible at introductions, but I also feel uncomfortable just jumping into forum posts without having at least attempted one, so this is my attempt at saying hello. :)

I have no idea where to start other than to say I enjoy writing and find RP a good way to play around with character ideas and have fun in a relaxed, fun environment. I find that having other people to engage in stories with is a lot of fun; things seem to go in the most random of directions when a bunch of characters all get together like that.

I have RP'd in a few different games, most recently Tera and Rift but most of my RP background has been in forum-based settings so I'm a little rusty when it comes to mmo RP. That said I love to RP with people, and am looking forward to the launch of FFXIV. I am really rusty when it comes to lore in FFXIV, but I've been doing a bit of digging around and a friend of mine recommended this site as a good place to start.

So, hi everyone. I hope my awkward and rambling introduction is ok. I look forward to meeting people in the game. :)

Hello and welcome to the RPC!! :D

This is my first time rp-ing in a game as well but everyone has been quite accommodating so I was able to jump into it, at least to the best of my ability. :P

If you have any questions, feel free to post up a thread if you can't find what you're looking for in the available threads here. You may also want to check the mentorship program.

Looking forward to rp-ing with you sometime!

Introducing yourself is always a great first step, and I think you'll see we're about as comforting as a big fluffy ball of kittens around here...so no worries, jump right in (unless you are a mouse :P. Even then, might be ok too).

There are forums to suit your writing interests, to be sure. Take a look and see what others are doing, and I can't wait to see what you contribute. Good luck :thumbsup: !

Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

Elicoidali, I'll definitely take a look at that mentorship thing. Sounds like a great idea and I have a feeling that having someone to ask questions of would be very helpful.

Nel Celestine, I'll make sure to take a look. :P Nothing wrong with a self promotion.

Welcome! I hope you find everything you're looking for here. I feel you on the front of being primarily a forum-roleplayer. It's what I have spent most of my time doing and do find MMO RP can be a bit more fast paced than I usually enjoy. On the other hand FFXIV: ARR is so amazing when it comes to knowing how to set the ambiance for roleplay in-game for sure!

Welcome! I'm a newcomer too.

I enjoy writing and find RP a good way to play around with character ideas and have fun in a relaxed, fun environment. I find that having other people to engage in stories with is a lot of fun; things seem to go in the most random of directions when a bunch of characters all get together like that.

I couldn't agree more. Usually, when I join a RP community I enjoy writing short stories inspired in our roleplays. Last year, while I was playing Guild Wars 2 I was appointed scribe of my RP guild 8-)

I'm so glad someone I know is converting to the ways of the Final Fantasy. We can awkwardly hunt for RP together. It'll be great.

Three cheers for familiar faces. :D Its good to see you here. I will hunt you down in game.

We talked earlier, but let me formally say welcome here!

Love your character idea and can't wait to hear more about it!

I've started putting up some info on my two characters on the wiki, after finally figuring out how to do it (wiki-literate I am not, but I did learn something new there). If anyone wants to know more about them then just look for Taryn Thorne and Takh'a Nybori under Player Characters. I'm still tweaking details though so its all subject to change.

As a side note, I would love to find people to RP with those characters; if anyone's interested just shoot me a message.

I couldn't agree more. Usually, when I join a RP community I enjoy writing short stories inspired in our roleplays. Last year, while I was playing Guild Wars 2 I was appointed scribe of my RP guild

I've done that before. :D I am thinking about putting up some writings about my characters either as short stories or as a journal. I love the fact that so many people here do the same sort of thing - I've had so much to keep me occupied reading through them all. :)