Belated Greeting

Fiona

Hello!

Sorry for introducing myself super late. =T

I’ve played lots of MMOs; mostly for a very short duration before moving on. The only MMO I played for a very long time was my first one, Ragnarok Online. I played as a healing class and participated in a lot of PVP type stuff and did a lot of PVE farming. Circumstance led me to not enjoy healer and I now really enjoy playing as a tank in MMOs. Mostly because I think swords and shiny armor is really cool. I don’t know how effective I’ll be in FFXIV but I’ll try not to mess up!

I’ve never RP’d before but I always enjoyed seeing it. I’d sometimes try to work up the nerve to join people but never followed through because I didn’t want to interrupt or just completely blow it! Running around in game and seeing players interacting through RP always made the game feel more like a place to me. I always appreciated that dynamic so when I play a MMO I try to roll on an RP server. This time I want to be a part of it so I look forward to learning to RP and a new game with everyone. =]

Also I always get tunnel vision when I play any type of game, so if I sprint past you or keep fighting cactuars I’m not ignoring you, I’m just oblivious. Don’t think I’m a huge jerk okay!

Well here's a belated welcome to the community, Fiona! Hopefully you'll find the people here welcome and friendly, and feel the urge to stick around for a while! I've been here for about a month now I think and already I think this is one of the most lively, diverse, knowledgeable, and friendly group of people I have ever encountered in an MMO (and I've played in a lot).

As always, never hesitate to ask questions when you want to know something, and don't be shy! As a new RPer it can be a bit overwhelming trying to take your first step into a big pool filled with people who have been doing it for a long time, but just know that most of us are very tolerant and welcoming and I for one always love meeting new rpers and giving them advice or just RPing with them to get them comfortable with it all!

Also I always get tunnel vision when I play any type of game, so if I sprint past you or keep fighting cactuars I’m not ignoring you, I’m just oblivious. Don’t think I’m a huge jerk okay!

All of us are guilty of this at some point or another :P

Welcome!! If you need any help roleplay wise feel free to message me or well anyone really as I'm sure we'd all be willing to help if you're looking for guidance on that front. Anyways, welcome again and gahhh I can't wait to play!! See you in game!

I've been here for about a month now I think and already I think this is one of the most lively, diverse, knowledgeable, and friendly group of people I have ever encountered in an MMO (and I've played in a lot).

Yes I agree 100%. I lurked for a while before posting and even when these guys disagree they are level headed and civil. I think if I had this crowd in past MMOs I would have had much better experiences.

Yes I think you're right! I just feel really bad when people whisper or mail me asking if I'm ignoring them. ;p

If I see you around I'll be sure to cause a scene so I don't get ignored. :P

O-Okay!

Anyways, welcome again and gahhh I can't wait to play!! See you in game!

I can't wait to play either! It's been a long time since I've been this excited about anything really. Also I dunno what that says about me as a person. (。。; )

Lol! So true!

I'm also guilty of turningoff zone chat (and sometimes spacial when I'm just tunnelvision and the the spam is irritating me).

happened last beta- I  was whapping  away at a rock on a leve and this other chatracter commented ic about her beating up on a poor rock wall. Didn't see it  til she ran off- so I sent a whisper of apology annd aa laugh at her comment.

happens to us all. But... you are sure to find a great , welcoming community on Gilgamesh (as well as Balmung if you roll a character there too)  don't be shy, get involved.

and if you seee T'kyiah Soren running about, say hi! :D

Yay! Welcome and I can't wait to RP with you  >^.^<

The game can't come soon enough. (•‿•)

happens to us all. But... you are sure to find a great , welcoming community on Gilgamesh (as well as Balmung if you roll a character there too)  don't be shy, get involved.

and if you seee T'kyiah Soren running about, say hi! :D

I will say hi for sure! Also I really like reading everyone's wiki pages, a lot of cool stories in Balmung so it's super tempting.

Love the look of your character! and once again welcome

And thanks again Rock!