Last till cancel emotes

Okay, the reason I am posting here on the role play forums is to rally together the RP community and get everyone who agrees with this to post that they do on the beta forums so we can try to get square to implement this.

What I am suggesting is that the emotes, for example:

/dance

/grovel

/kneel

/pray

And so forth should last until you move or cancel it in some other form. I think it would be really cool to stay kneeling or groveling or so forth while doing certain role plays.

Maybe your character is becoming a knight or being honored in some way and is kneeling for the ceremony? It would be a lot better if we didn't have to constantly /grovel or /kneel for the role play.

I love the emotes that have been implemented and as a role player who is extremely dedicated to the games which I get into (I played and role played on WoW for seven years), I would very much like to see this happen and I am sure many of the role players in the community would agree.

Thank you for all your support, and hopefully we can see this happen.

If you are interested in supporting this and would like to see this get implemented as much as I would, please reply to this thread as well as post such on the beta forums.

I'm not too good at navigating forum threats, especially the beta forums so I am quite unsure where I should go to start a suggestion thread on the beta forums.

Currently the beta forums are closed except for the general discussion, but when phase 4 opens I will be posting a thread there and try to get support for it. I will also update this thread and let people know that it has been posted.

Again, thanks everyone!

Your best bet for providing feedback on the actual game is to post in the beta forums. Only General Discussion is open at the moment, but when phase 4 starts, the Feedback forums will open up again and you can post there as well.

I know that is the best place. xD

Like I said in my original post, my purpose of posting here is to rally together the role play community to get something like this passed. I cannot post on the beta forums until after beta phase 4 opens, but if everyone in the community knows about this and would also like it to be passed we would have a better chance of seeing it passed.

Also, I'm not saying these emotes aren't in the game, I am saying they should last until cancled or until you move. Currently, if you do some of the emotes such as the ones I have listed, they end and your character goes back to the default standing position after a few seconds, about 10-15 depending on the emote.

I'm all for this. Redoing emotes over and over can be a pain, especially since they automatically go into the chat....it crowds the chat really quickly.

I also think that they should implement for seated emotes. They already have a sitting emote for doze, but its the only one. Why not more?

Redoing emotes over and over can be a pain' date=' especially since they automatically go into the chat....it crowds the chat really quickly.[/quote']

You can suppress the text by adding "motion" after your emote, e.g. "/pose motion". This will just display the animation and won't crowd the chat!

Redoing emotes over and over can be a pain, especially since they automatically go into the chat....it crowds the chat really quickly.

You can suppress the text by adding "motion" after your emote, e.g. "/pose motion". This will just display the animation and won't crowd the chat!

Yeah the main thing is that constantly doing /pose motion would be a pain, as Shizu said. Even if it doesn't spam the chat log, it is still a major incovience.

Yeah the main thing is that constantly doing /pose motion would be a pain, as Shizu said. Even if it doesn't spam the chat log, it is still a major incovience.

Of course. Plus, it just plain won't work: Emotes like "/pray" and "/kneel" will start over from the beginning which looks even more ridiculous than just doing the emote once.

I just wanted to explain the "motion" thing since Shizu wasn't aware of it!

Of course. Plus, it just plain won't work: Emotes like "/pray" and "/kneel" will start over from the beginning which looks even more ridiculous than just doing the emote once.

I just wanted to explain the "motion" thing since Shizu wasn't aware of it!

I gotchya. :)

I really hope we can get them to pass this, though. It would be such an amazing addition to the game in terms of role play.

Hopefully we can gain a good amount of support together so this can be brought to pass. More often than not, game directors and producers along with forum moderators direct their attention towards the community's more popular suggestions. Not to say that they don't pay attention to the little guy, but I feel like the more support we get for this the better chance we will have of seeing it come to life.

Great for things like /kneel. But /dance? Hell no. xD People would put themselves on /dance and AFK.. it'd be so annoying.. There's going to be enough odd stuff to ignore for the sake of immersion already, let's not add more!

Great for things like /kneel. But /dance? Hell no. xD People would put themselves on /dance and AFK.. it'd be so annoying.. There's going to be enough odd stuff to ignore for the sake of immersion already, let's not add more!

o_O I've never seen people troll before with /dance. If the dance was made fluid where it could flow seamlessly then I don't think it would be a problem.

:P And I'm not sure what odd stuff you're talking about. Either way, some of the emotes like /kneel /grovel and maybe even /salute could use it. Or maybe add another style of emotes like /grovelhold where they hold the position until influenced otherwise.

But /dance? Hell no. xD People would put themselves on /dance and AFK.. it'd be so annoying.. There's going to be enough odd stuff to ignore for the sake of immersion already, let's not add more!

Eh? Nothing like this has bothered me in any other MMO... xD

It was kind of annoying in CoH when griefers would do it but... meh. I don't feel things that can be useful for RP should be squelched because griefers might abuse them. Persistent /dance helped immersion in Pocket D, so I thought it was a net positive. :)

I Liked all of the relevant threads I could find on this topic over on the beta forums. (Also, I think I posted a similar feedback thread back in Phase 2...) Let's hope the devs listen!

It was kind of annoying in CoH when griefers would do it but... meh. I don't feel things that can be useful for RP should be squelched because griefers might abuse them. Persistent /dance helped immersion in Pocket D, so I thought it was a net positive. :)

I Liked all of the relevant threads I could find on this topic over on the beta forums. (Also, I think I posted a similar feedback thread back in Phase 2...) Let's hope the devs listen!

Exactly! The thing with trolls is that, lets say they don't give a persistent /dance.. Well, people who grief and troll are going to grief and troll, and they will just use something else to do so. Such as jumping up and down on your character or spaming /kneel or something else.

I agree that something like this would be more of a positive addition to the over-all community than something that we would get frusterated over. As soon as phase 4 starts I am going to do a post just like this original one on the suggestion forums and lets really hope they see it. Everyone who posted here or has at least looked at this thread should definitely support the idea if they feel the same.

or spaming /kneel or something else.

Considering blocking someone doesn't block them on the emote channel... yeah. If we're worrying about griefers, our attention would be better spent petitioning Squee to fix it so that blocking works across all channels.

or spaming /kneel or something else.

Considering blocking someone doesn't block them on the emote channel... yeah. If we're worrying about griefers, our attention would be better spent petitioning Squee to fix it so that blocking works across all channels.

That is a good point. Maybe I will add that into the suggestion of making another emote list with "hold" in it, to hold the position, or makign them last-till-cancled. Good idea!