Oh god, WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN?!

Selsix

Well then, I suppose I'll start by saying hello all! I'm new here and I will more than likely become a familiar face.

So where to begin... I suppose a brief history? I'm an avid gamer, especially of RPGs and MMORPGs. Been at it since I was a young'n (my grandmother spoiled me). I'm 23, and I live with my girlfriend who also recently joined this forum.

You can find her welcome post here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3214

I started playing MMOs when I was around... Oh... 12? Back in 2002 or so? Yeah. The hay-day of Runescape and dial-up internet. Fun times. Switched over to some higher tier ones later on. Eventually finding my way to Final Fantasy XI, which I played for QUITE some time. Had a LOT of fun there. (WTB BLU in FFXIV:ARR)

Eventually a couple things about FFXI pushed me into WoW (mostly the lack of solo-play and PvP in any way, shape, or form). Where I met my lady and also got my first taste of RP. Needless to say? I loved it, the idea had never really occured to me before. Sure I always have that internal RP-mindset monologue when I'm playing MMOs, but to actually act it out? Such a simple notion was completely foreign to me.

Anywhozzle, let's not make this a long-winded event. You may all address me as Selsix or as my friends call me, Sel. And I hope we can all have some fun once this game launches. I know I will be! FFXIV:ARR is astounding, I don't even know how SE did this. They've put in every feature I've ever wanted in an MMORPG. Now I get to have my perfect gameplay WITH my favorite RPG lore-set? I am already addicted.:moogle:

Well then, I suppose I'll start by saying hello all! I'm new here and I will more than likely become a familiar face.

So where to begin... I suppose a brief history? I'm an avid gamer, especially of RPGs and MMORPGs. Been at it since I was a young'n (my grandmother spoiled me). I'm 23, and I live with my girlfriend who also recently joined this forum.

You can find her welcome post here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3214

I started playing MMOs when I was around... Oh... 12? Back in 2002 or so? Yeah. The hay-day of Runescape and dial-up internet. Fun times. Switched over to some higher tier ones later on. Eventually finding my way to Final Fantasy XI, which I played for QUITE some time. Had a LOT of fun there. (WTB BLU in FFXIV:ARR)

Eventually a couple things about FFXI pushed me into WoW (mostly the lack of solo-play and PvP in any way, shape, or form). Where I met my lady and also got my first taste of RP. Needless to say? I loved it, the idea had never really occured to me before. Sure I always have that internal RP-mindset monologue when I'm playing MMOs, but to actually act it out? Such a simple notion was completely foreign to me.

Anywhozzle, let's not make this a long-winded event. You may all address me as Selsix or as my friends call me, Sel. And I hope we can all have some fun once this game launches. I know I will be! FFXIV:ARR is astounding, I don't even know how SE did this. They've put in every feature I've ever wanted in an MMORPG. Now I get to have my perfect gameplay WITH my favorite RPG lore-set? I am already addicted.:moogle:

Welcome welcome welcome!

It is always nice to have another in the community. If you need anything, feel free to ask! There is a lot of helpful people around here. (That might not include me as I am relatively new too! :thumbsup:)

Ah, well, by the looks of your (and your girlfriend's) avatar, it appears we may share a similar interest...might I shamelessly make you aware of the Duskwight discussion thread, so we can integrate you two properly into our cozy subterranean community :D. Not that you have to stay there, mind you...have a look around elsewhere too :lol:

Welcome, and I hope to see you two in game :thumbsup:

Welcome to the community! There are lots of LS' on the LS page if you two want to start looking for a group right away. The Wiki is also a pretty nice place if you need some help with lore or I am sure you can find the answer somewhere on the forums.

There was some PvP in XI. Ballista was very fun if you were lucky enough to have a server where people would participate every now and then. There was also some other arena and my LS would have competitions to win prizes and stuff. The community on Hades was really awesome.

Ah, well, by the looks of your (and your girlfriend's) avatar, it appears we may share a similar interest...might I shamelessly make you aware of the Duskwight discussion thread, so we can integrate you two properly into our cozy subterranean community :D.  Not that you have to stay there, mind you...have a look around elsewhere too :lol:

Welcome, and I hope to see you two in game :thumbsup:

Thanks much! I will most definitely be heading over there. I am still working out kinks in my RP background but I can surely use the material provided there for ideas.:D

Welcome to the community! There are lots of LS' on the LS page if you two want to start looking for a group right away. The Wiki is also a pretty nice place if you need some help with lore or I am sure you can find the answer somewhere on the forums.

There was some PvP in XI. Ballista was very fun if you were lucky enough to have a server where people would participate every now and then. There was also some other arena and my LS would have competitions to win prizes and stuff. The community on Hades was really awesome.

Sadly the community on Cerberus was not this great, Ballista was mostly met with a "What?" rather than a "yes" or "no". Still, I'm glad to see some people found enjoyment in that aspect of XI.:)

Thanks much for the welcome wagon thus far guys! This community is very inclusive, I'm loving it.

Welcome to the RPC! We're always glad to have another join in on our insanity 8-)

...one of us, one of us, one of us....

But seriously, welcome and if either of you need a hand, feel free to ask.

Really late... but welcome anyway! :D

Hello and welcome to the RPC! 8-)

A big thanks to all of you! Here, I shall award you all a chocobo for the warm welcome.

:chocobo::chocobo::chocobo: