Its... OVER 9000! Bring it Eorzea

Its rare that i ever bother making a thread or post someplace using a meme of ne kind but i couldnt help it. Outside of my excitement for getting back into the game to give it another go on top of being able to get myself a new video card to really up my gaming rig and playing with the benchmark.

I broke that 9k barrier, woo8-)

Since the results always fluctuated a bit. using my character model with the default starter racial clothes in the benchmark, i had went from running an 8.5k+ with all the settings toggled straight to MAXIMUM, certainly a satisfactory score and assurance i made a good gpu purchase.

I thought.. its soooo close, so i dropped 2 of the shadow settings one notch each down. ran again. scored 8995 lol. thought.. hmm, how to keep this gorgeous game looking gorgeous while seeing where to boost performance. Tweaked another shadow setting and that did it 9017 off the next run. lol

Totally pointless post other then i needed some sort of outlook for my hype/excitement level and no one else i really know would understand those feelings toward this game lol.

My god when is that open beta O.o

Drinks for all for reading my shameless post lol

I wish my results came close to that. I'm not going to be playing on a PC because my computer does not run Windows, but I downloaded the character benchmark anyway, just so I could have something to hold me over until beta. (Yes, I'm desperate.)

I had to run the game in a virtual machine, and when I played the third beta, it was alright. I think the shadows are a huge influence on framerate, even when turned down: I was disappointed that there was no way to totally disable all of them.

Unfortunately for me, the benchmark seemed to be a lot choppier, even in the creator, and actually running it was even worse. It was only marginally better than a slideshow, and the virtual machine practically choked on all the particles. It helped me cement once and for all that I'd be buying the PS3 version.

But, enough of my wallowing. Congratulations on your score--I bet the game is extremely smooth.

Shame about not being able to play :/

Don't by chance have a ps3 do u?

Yea, one thing ive learned throughout my mmo gaming experiences is one of the harder hitting things to performance, shadows lol, lighting/ambient lighting can do it too.

I realized i didnt 'need' a new gpu, my other one ran on HIGH i think score wise off the exploration bench , the new card ran very high, but then ran higher on the newly released benchmark, which i assume is due to better optimization.

Either way, If i was good to go before, hell yes i cant wait to play it now, and on both platforms .

Note: I dont blame u for downloading it to mess with the character creation to hold u over. I wouldve done the same. lol

Yes, I have a slim PS3 that's about 2 years old. I haven't really used it too much, so it should be in good condition, and I also just bought a new controller (my old one mysteriously stopped functioning after beta 3.) I'd like to get a PS4, if I get lucky; I may get the PS4 version if circumstances permit.

There have been mixed opinions on the PS3 graphics, but, all things considered, they look fine to me. I also have a nice bluetooth keyboard, so I won't be missing out on roleplay.

I was very surprised at how fluid the controls are while using a gamepad.

When I run games I usually turn things like shadows and view distances down, but I turn particles and textures up so things are still presentable. I'd probably get better performance if I were to install Windows, but I'd rather not do so for just one game.

I'm counting the days and hours until beta...

Yes, I have a slim PS3 that's about 2 years old. I haven't really used it too much, so it should be in good condition, and I also just bought a new controller (my old one mysteriously stopped functioning after beta 3.) I'd like to get a PS4, if I get lucky; I may get the PS4 version if circumstances permit.

There have been mixed opinions on the PS3 graphics, but, all things considered, they look fine to me. I also have a nice bluetooth keyboard, so I won't be missing out on roleplay.

I was very surprised at how fluid the controls are while using a gamepad.

When I run games I usually turn things like shadows and view distances down, but I turn particles and textures up so things are still presentable. I'd probably get better performance if I were to install Windows, but I'd rather not do so for just one game.

I'm counting the days and hours until beta...

I thought they did a pretty slick job on the UI and control scheme for a gamepad on the PS3 myself, saw the dev video showing it, which convinced me to test it out on the last beta on my ps3 , then decided it was worth buying a PS3 CE to go with my 1.0 pc CE lol

Admit... a bit annoyed and frustrated.

Ok. Pissed is more like it.

Built my rig a year ago now and purposefully told the guy helping me get my components that I wanted the best possible to prevent me from having to upgrade anytime soon...

My Benchmark numbers don't come close to 9k. Not even on Standard.

Sure, it runs fine. Had no issues on High in Beta 3... but Come On!

Would a new Vid card do it? or do I need to invest in more RAM sticks?

AND... (while on the subject..)

What is better? Two of the same Vid cards bridged (decent/good ones)

OR!

One awesome vid card?

Built my rig a year ago now and purposefully told the guy helping me get my components that I wanted the best possible to prevent me from having to upgrade anytime soon...

OR!

One awesome vid card?

Hmm, i think i set up most of this current rig about a year ago, didnt need to update it and the old exploration bench scored around 4.7kish , using a 6950 radeon. the new card i got i went after a 7970 GHz edition, that on the new bench shot me up to the 8.8-9k range. on the old bench it scored 6.3k ish, benchmark runs smooth as butter now.

As to 2 video cards vs one, that i dont know, ive never doubled up on gpu's before, never felt a need to when ive built n upgraded my rigs and i always build mine to where they seem to perform well for 2yrs minimum.

It may depend on a combo of ram/gpu/cpu as well. Would probably depend on what you have on each of those

OR!

One awesome vid card?

Two of the same card tends to be better, in my experience, but only if the game actually supports SLI or... Crossfire, I think, is the other one. Even when they claim to, I've found a lot of MMOs don't do it very well. When I upgraded, I went for a single GPU in order to avoid the headaches, from 2x 295 GTX to a single 680 GTX.

Price will probably be a big factor too. It's probably a lot cheaper, with easier to find deals, on a pair of good cards that have been around a while rather than going for the latest and greatest. That also leaves you money to purchase some more RAM, if your motherboard/OS can handle it.

A single really good graphics card is less of a headache for sure, and shouldn't leave you wanting.  Granted, I built my computer two years ago, so times may have changed.  That said, having built it two years ago with just one graphics card, my score was 12,014.  Feel free to hate me :D

Yanno..

One thing I noticed tonight as I was messing with the CC Benchmark...

If you tab out and come back, your score leaps up. A -lot-.

I was derping with stuff (mainly b/c I'm ticked I can't get to BIOS to clean install windows and so am trying to tweak stuff)... and started the Benchmark, was at.. erm 500+ (beginning), tabbed out to look at my Task Manager to see how my memory, CPU usage all that is working...

Came back and was over 12k... and the BM was still going.

If I didn't tab out, I pulled around 3k. On Standard.

(which is why I really need to clean install my rig... my components aren't crap)

... won't derail further with my annoyance at my rig...

Just wanted to mention the bug... or whatever it is.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to note some of my finds.

I have a Core i5 2500k running at 4.5GHz, 16GBs of DDR3, and two GTX 670s (with 4GBs of VRAM each). Using maximum settings at 1920x1080 with exception for LOD and occlusion culling being enabled because I don't see the point of disabling them:

Single-GPU: 10,860 - 96 Avg. FPS

Dual-GPU (SLI): 17,753 - 170 Avg. FPS

Dual-GPU (SLI) with 4x SGSSAA: 9,551 - 99 Avg. FPS (?)

I find it quite curious that 4x SGSSAA only halves the performance, when it should be cutting it to a quarter (hence the 4x). It performs far better than downsampling from 4k would, so if you have an Nvidia card and really want some good AA, it is the preferable option.

Also of note, the SLI scaling is quite good, at 77%. However, I would only recommend going with SLI if you already have an SLI-compatible motherboard and power supply unit, otherwise you're likely better off just upgrading to a bigger single-GPU card with what you'd save from not upgrading your MB and PSU (this was not relevant to me at the time because the only higher card was the 680, and Titans and the 700-series were not released yet).

Ah, sorry, your image wasn't loading at first.

Frankly, you should be pulling in decent numbers with those specs. The 560ti isn't a bad card. I'm noticing now that your benchmark screenshot lists Intel HD graphics as your display device. That might mean it's running the benchmark on integrated hardware that is nowhere near as powerful as your 560ti, it may be doing this because of a driver problem or because your monitor is plugged into your motherboard's onboard display port instead of your GPU where it's supposed to be.

As for upgrades, your processor is fine, and your RAM is already way more than ARR will ever access, a reasonable upgrade would be a single GTX 660 or AMD HD equivalent. Whatever is on sale or has a decent rebate at the time you decide to do it.

.... upon looking at the back of my CPU, that is true, my monitor is NOT plugged into my GeForce Vid Card.

It's hooked to my DVI port at the top...

My Monitor has a VGA In on the back, and the DVI In...

I think I need a different cord- for the VGA...

*looks like I need to take a trip to Best Buy... wow... I feel kinda dumb now. BUT... saves me from the issue of crashing my rig to clean install Win7 b/c I thought my lag was due to remnants of the Virus and general clutter*

Thanks!

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

Tested on:8/6/2013 9:46:02 PM

Score:4645

Average Framerate:38.715

Performance:High

-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080

Screen Mode: Full Screen

Graphics Presets: Maximum

General

-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled

-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled

-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled

-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled

-Real-time Reflections : High

-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA

-Transparent Lighting Quality : High

-Grass Quality : High

Shadows

-Self : Display

-Other NPCs : Display

Shadow Quality

-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled

-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p

-Shadow Cascading : Best

-Shadow Softening : Strong

Texture Detail

-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic

-Anisotropic Filtering : x16

Movement Physics

-Self : Full

-Other NPCs : Full

Effects

-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled

-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled

-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong

-Glare : Normal

Cinematic Cutscenes

-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

12286.430MB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE(VRAM 4050 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

Did you guys make any other adjustments when you toggled Max or did you just let it go? And yes I'm envious of you 9k'rs there I said it. Wonder how I can improve this. Then again I haven't done a defrag or cleaning lately.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

Tested on:8/6/2013 9:46:02 PM

Score:4645

Average Framerate:38.715

Performance:High

-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080

Screen Mode: Full Screen

Graphics Presets: Maximum

General

-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled

-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled

-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled

-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled

-Real-time Reflections : High

-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA

-Transparent Lighting Quality : High

-Grass Quality : High

Shadows

-Self : Display

-Other NPCs : Display

Shadow Quality

-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled

-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p

-Shadow Cascading : Best

-Shadow Softening : Strong

Texture Detail

-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic

-Anisotropic Filtering : x16

Movement Physics

-Self : Full

-Other NPCs : Full

Effects

-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled

-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled

-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong

-Glare : Normal

Cinematic Cutscenes

-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

12286.430MB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE(VRAM 4050 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

Did you guys make any other adjustments when you toggled Max or did you just let it go? And yes I'm envious of you 9k'rs there I said it. Wonder how I can improve this. Then again I haven't done a defrag or cleaning lately.

So far the only thing i tweaked after toggling to maximum was various shadow settings only. and even then my bench scoring varied. either way, all my averages have been high enough and over 8.5k that im not to concerned and just happy i will really b able to enjoy it.

Last few years of pc upgrades ive usually done slightly more budgeting so i didnt get as good of things as i may have wanted in my rig. I was able to spoil myself with a damn nice gpu and just felt a bit giddy lol