New RP Free Company Forming

As you roam the streets one evening, you see a jovial young man posting a notice outside a local tavern.  Music from within permeates the building and spills into the alleyways.

tyJYst_Urkk

aS2XxSt.jpg

Are you wanting to Roleplay, have fun, work together, and learn more about the world of Hydaelyn?  Maybe you don't know everything there is about the lore surrounding Eorzea, or perhaps you're a scholar who's been collecting data since time immemorial.  Are you a crafter or merchant looking for a trading post to share wares?  Perhaps you're an adventurer willing to explore, or simply want travelling company.  Are you easy going and looking for like minded individuals to explore what it means to be a "Free Company"?  Then perhaps you've found the right place!

OOC -

Myself and a few other individuals are looking to start a Free Company that grows organically with it's members.  The concept is to start small and see where it takes us.  I want a place where we can share stories, explore role-playing possibilities, and work together to achieve common goals, both plot related and otherwise.  We're not looking for a military structured faction of conquest.. at least not yet :lol:  The goal here is to have a place for everyone to feel welcome and help each other out.  I'm hoping that we can get an open trade of all crafting and gathering types to provide support and wares for each other to grow as a community.  The idea is still fresh, and we want to explore all of the possibilities as much IC as OOC.

We as of yet do not have a name, although we have a few ideas we're tossing around.  If any and/or all of this sounds interesting, please let me know!  I'd like to try and develop some rapport with the folks interested before hand so that we can start settling in as soon as possible.  Thanks for your time and enjoy the day!

I am posting to show my continued support for the FC. As I said in my earlier message, the only thing that's stopping me from joining outright is that the FC is on a different server. I already have one LS here on Balmung that I would like to do some things with, but I would still like to help you out with the fellowship. I still don't have an FC yet, although I admittedly haven't done any browsing.

I'm well aware I could simply create an alt, but I'm doubtful that I have any applicable character concepts besides this one. As someone who wishes to level all the classes and disciplines, I'm not sure I have the stomach to do it twice.

I might simply wait until launch and test the waters of both servers, though. I wish that some form of cross-server communication existed.

I am posting to show my continued support for the FC. As I said in my earlier message, the only thing that's stopping me from joining outright is that the FC is on a different server. I already have one LS here on Balmung that I would like to do some things with, but I would still like to help you out with the fellowship. I still don't have an FC yet, although I admittedly haven't done any browsing.

I'm well aware I could simply create an alt, but I'm doubtful that I have any applicable character concepts besides this one. As someone who wishes to level all the classes and disciplines, I'm not sure I have the stomach to do it twice.

I might simply wait until launch and test the waters of both servers, though. I wish that some form of cross-server communication existed.

I can certainly appreciate that, and I appreciate the support!  I too wish we had some for of multi-world communication, and while I'm not completely set on my server selection, it just seemed to be a better fit.

Well count me in.

I have checked out the other groups coming together (and they sound good) but as I have spent a regrettably small amount of time in Eorzea I feel like I'm not 100% on what it is I am looking for as far as an FC dynamic.

With that in mind, a place that I can help develop sounds perfect! It'll be fun to RP an FC at it's inception as opposed to joining an existing one! :lol:

Also I would like to offer my future Armorer/Goldsmithing abilities to my fellow fill in the blank FC members. 8-)

This sounds really cool! I look forward to seeing this come into fruition. (•‿•)

Thanks, me too!  (fingers crossed :D)

Great concept sir! And thanks for making this, we need all the FC's we can get on Gilgamesh!

I agree, and I wanted something that was completely fresh for those of us that didn't get to experience 1.0, for better or worse.  Not to say that those events will be ignored, but rather the basis of which to build on.

Rockin'. :)

Alas that it's not on Balmung, but I'm sure the Gilgamesh community will be honored with its presence!

Thanks!  Not the first complaint I've received on server choice, but I wanted some additional options out there for us underdogs :D

Well count me in.

I have checked out the other groups coming together (and they sound good) but as I have spent a regrettably small amount of time in Eorzea I feel like I'm not 100% on what it is I am looking for as far as an FC dynamic.

With that in mind, a place that I can help develop sounds perfect! It'll be fun to RP an FC at it's inception as opposed to joining an existing one! :lol:

Also I would like to offer my future Armorer/Goldsmithing abilities to my fellow  fill in the blank FC members. 8-)

Awesome Des :D You're practically a co-founder with the info we've been swapping back and forth.  RPing the the birth of all of this is something I'm really looking forward to.  

Anyone have any ideas for names?  One of the ones that we've been playing with is Driftwood Coast.  It was the name of an adventuring linkshell some friends and I started back on XI, and I like the concept of the FC being a place for drifters and travelers to gather.  But we're not sold on it yet!  Not opposed to RPing the name as well as everything else.

DocGalactic-

This group sounds awesome! I really hope we can work together with you all on Gilgamesh. :) Are you going to be a straight FC or will you allow for associates to join your LS?

Every member of our FC (save the leader) is a total newbie to FFXIV... so we have a lot to learn too and would love if we could share info.

I look forward to 'meeting' you IG! And good luck on your formation!

DocGalactic-

This group sounds awesome! I really hope we can work together with you all on Gilgamesh. :) Are you going to be a straight FC or will you allow for associates to join your LS?

Every member of our FC (save the leader) is a total newbie to FFXIV... so we have a lot to learn too and would love if we could share info.

I look forward to 'meeting' you IG! And good luck on your formation!

Of course we will!  I want the FC to essentially be the office for both team members and freelancers.  I'll try to have at least a couple people with link-pearls to hand out, and I'll try to compile a full list before the 27th.  Count yourself in ^_^

Of course we will!  I want the FC to essentially be the office for both team members and freelancers.  I'll try to have at least a couple people with link-pearls to hand out, and I'll try to compile a full list before the 27th.  Count yourself in ^_^

Very glad to hear this! I have found Poe a FC, but would love to join the ls portion if possible? Do you think you all would have room for a cigar smoking, mischievous Miqo'te?

Very glad to hear this! I have found Poe a FC, but would love to join the ls portion if possible? Do you think you all would have room for a cigar smoking, mischievous Miqo'te?

The more the merrier!

I'm also interested in setting up an Associates Linkshell Network for those of you have have already found another FC/LS that better fit your needs.  A few of you have expressed this interest and I think it's a great idea!  (looks like The Silver Anvil and Facets of Eorzea are already both great candidates!) Let me know if you and/or your LS is interested in networking and we can start building rapport and ideas!  Enjoy the day!