My Biggest Concern

In fact. I -pray- that the competition doesn't turn into what it was on WoW. 

-shivers-

Though I can do without the nasty attitudes, I do hope arenas (and PvP in general) in ARR becomes more than just a side-thought. I'd love to be able to sink my teeth into some serious, high-end, demanding PvP in ARR.

In fact. I -pray- that the competition doesn't turn into what it was on WoW. 

-shivers-

Though I can do without the nasty attitudes, I do hope arenas (and PvP in general) in ARR becomes more than just a side-thought. I'd love to be able to sink my teeth into some serious, high-end, demanding PvP in ARR.

I don't mind having a good pvp environment, but frankly.

I would rather have no pvp in A realm reborn what-so-ever than to attract the WoW-mindset pvpers.

I have boarder line post dramatic stress because of what I had to put up with in WoW when I was leading Rated Battlegrounds.

If that "My rating is better than yours, you're garbage", "Yo your rating sucks", "You aren't even that good." kind of personality comes to Final Fantasy, I will be extremely upset, distraught even.

I have very, -very- bad experiences with that kind of environment and it is part of the reason(along with the dying roleplay and over all poor direction the game is going imo) as to why I quit WoW.

So.. Here is to hoping the PvP junkie arrogant "You're either the best or you're trash" mindset doesn't come to Final fantasy.

Even with that said, I will still PvP and I love PvP. The competition is fun, but I want to see constructive people for once. If you beat someone, maybe offer them tips on how to get better or something. If you are a great pvper and better than most people you fight, don't be arrogant about it. Humble players gain so much more respect, they really do. 

Oh, and this isn't directed at you, Naunet, just the community in general and my random rantings. 

:dodgy:

I actually hope they make it competitive, I just don't want to see WoW style PvP.

The whole idea of gear tiers and resistance gear and accessories just seems so silly. I would like there to be different gear in terms of cosmetic look, and if there is going to be a difference it should just be that you see gear with some slight defensive buffs.

Like a Tier 1 PvP armor set might give +1% def ; Tier 2 might give +3%

Rather than hand out resilience where you are cutting dmg from another play by a solid 20%+. A skilled player can easily dance around a 3 or 5% defensive buff, where as WoW's system of something like a 20% dmg reduction is extremely difficult to get around since it effectively "nerfs" you in PvP until you spend enough time grinding away to buy some gear.

I'm more of a fan of honest matches. Just pit people against one another and let their natural skill determine a fight, not how epic their gear is. EXPERIENCE and SKILL decide the fights , not who is better at using their anti-stunlock ring

I've never had fun in WoW/Rift style PvP. Even Guild Wars annoyed me because of how elitist it became. I rather see a more classic ranking system that is determined by tournaments which constantly are refreshed. Have a bunch of people sign up and take place in 1v1 matches and you tier until you eventually end up with a Champion vs Champion for the right to say who's best. Can have a 1v1 2v2 and 4v4 ladder structure. Basically think Guild Wars style, just cut out the things that could lead to elitism (like PvP specific emotes and banners)... Would be even better if Square Enix figured out a way for people to spectate matches.

Yoshi-P did mention wanting FF14 to be an eSport. What better way than have structured PvP done Tournament style w/ a spectator mode to allow people to cheer on their favorite. I got into details about such an idea on the Beta Forums but it got buried quickly under the mass of people asking silly questions like "Why can't i download the client" hehe