Phase 4 dates

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong section, but I was curious if dates for Phase 4 are known, or expected in then the next newsletter?

.....I think I'm starting to go through withdrawal...

No dates yet. Current speculation has phase 4 pegged on August 17th. Personally, I'm not really worrying about it because we will be finding out the dates in the letter from the producer this Thursday.

Beta will either be this week or next week for sure, though, unless they decide to can open beta entirely.

I was thinking about this (as I'm sure most of us are) and I had a thought. The rumor that is going around is that P4 will start on the 9th. But I thought I heard that we would need to download a whole new client for this. If that's true, wouldn't we have gotten some notice about that by now? It would be a large download. If not, there hasn't been any patch either. Perhaps we don't need one or only a small one, but still, we should hear something about that soon-ish, and I would think before the live letter if it is to be on the 9th. Which makes me think that it might be the next week. That really crunches things.

You will need a whole new client, yes. (The phase 1-3 client is obsolete, and the phase 4 client will also be used for early access and the retail release.)

Good point about it not being available yet, though. In any case, all we can do is wait and see what gets announced on Thursday.

I'm hoping it's the 9th of August. A few reviews and other forums have mentioned that they weren't given the code/the download didn't go up until the day before the test, so we've still got room for it to be the 9th. The best case scenario for me would be allowing downloads to begin on Wednesday, so I don't lose out on finally seeing what the RP servers are like on Friday, but that probably isn't going to happen.

((I'm beginning to think that all Razer Naga mice harbor shards of Dalamud that are enchanted to doubleclick at the worst of times, such as when posting a reply on forums.))

Don't feel bad. Your naga still works. I know plenty of people who's Naga outright failed.

I would love for an August 9th start as that random leaked August 17th seems fairly late in the game for a fast phase 4 beta. We might see something in the middle, like an August 10th to 13th then 17th to 20th Early access on the 24th.

I'm actually quite fearful of how the servers will handle the load of people come August 27th. There has not been any real stress test on the servers yet.

((I'm beginning to think that all Razer Naga mice harbor shards of Dalamud that are enchanted to doubleclick at the worst of times, such as when posting a reply on forums.))

Don't feel bad.  Your naga still works. I know plenty of people who's Naga outright failed.  

I would love for an August 9th start as that random leaked August 17th seems fairly late in the game for a fast phase 4 beta.   We might see something in the middle, like an August 10th to 13th   then 17th to 20th      Early access on the 24th.

I'm actually quite fearful of how the servers will handle the load of people come August 27th.  There has not been any real stress test on the servers yet.

I've been using the Naga for a while now, and they only seem to last about a year.

Fiona, your avatar is lovely!  <3