Character Decision: Miqo'te vs. Hyur

Which race/appearance do you think I should go with?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which race/appearance do you think I should go with?

• Hyur
    • Miqo'te

One of the other things I'm considering is Ashren is supposed to sort of have a gambling addiction, and he's kind of a mad scientist (Thaumaturge + Alchemist) so I'm wondering just how well those things would translate as a Miqo'te vs. a Hyur, for some reason they seem like they might be more something a Hyur would deal with, especially the gambling bit.

I don't know if a gambling addiction would be distinctly Hyur or Miqo'te myself, but the mad scientist part definitely feels more Hyur. xD

Yeah, for some reason I have a difficult time imagining a Miqo'te in a lab coat (the Alchemist lvl 50 gear), it seems much easier to imagine the Hyur in one, especially with his crazy hair.

Oh, and the cataracts thing! I actually tried using the lightest shade of blue available when I first started (after doing some extensive image searches on blindness in the real world) but the problem was it just made it look like he had one light pinkish colored eye, and one light blue colored eye. From what I've found cataracts causes not just the iris to change color and become bluish gray, but it also causes the pupil to become milky and white as well, something that isn't possible using the character creator. Typically in animate or video games, blindness is represented simply by the eye being colorless, so I opted to go with that instead since it gave the best impression of what I was trying to convey.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the other things I'm considering is Ashren is supposed to sort of have a gambling addiction, and he's kind of a mad scientist (Thaumaturge + Alchemist) so I'm wondering just how well those things would translate as a Miqo'te vs. a Hyur, for some reason they seem like they might be more something a Hyur would deal with, especially the gambling bit.

I don't know if a gambling addiction would be distinctly Hyur or Miqo'te myself, but the mad scientist part definitely feels more Hyur. xD

Yeah, for some reason I have a difficult time imagining a Miqo'te in a lab coat (the Alchemist lvl 50 gear), it seems much easier to imagine the Hyur in one, especially with his crazy hair.

Miqo'te in a labcoat you say.... Gerik provides. lolol

Miqo'te in a labcoat you say.... Gerik provides. lolol

xD that's actually kind of funny, didn't expect someone to throw out a pic like that. Still though, not exactly the mental image I have in mind. The Alchemist gear is very mad scientist looking and the whole look of it seems very hard for my to picture a Miqo'te wearing as their typical RP outfit. I'm not saying they couldn't, just that in my mind I have an easier time picturing the Hyur in it than the Miqo'te. So I think I'm definitely leaning more and more towards the Hyur, but I still have this nagging feeling I might regret it no matter what I pick. :?

charapic_001.png

I know what you mean, I was just messing with you and that picture popped into my head. xD

I don't think you'll regret your choice if you make it based on the character and YOUR leanings rather than ours. Set your mind on "Okay, he's a Miqo'te" and then see how it feels. Then try Hyur. If either one feels awkward to YOU, then you'll have your answer.