Character Decision: Miqo'te vs. Hyur

Which race/appearance do you think I should go with?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which race/appearance do you think I should go with?

• Hyur
    • Miqo'te

So I was playing around with the benchmark again trying to remake my character using the different races when I came up with a Midlander that I really like. Now I'm stuck between trying to decide if I want to rewrite my character a bit and make him into a Hyur, or just leave him as a Miqo'te. I'm going to post my screenshots and I'd like some input on what people think, because I really am stuck on this decision.

s8HGndQ.jpg

Keuhgy3.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the Miqo'te more interesting. The Midlander looks very anime-ish to me, specially because of the hairstyle and haircolor.

Granted, Midlanders are designed to be the 'basic anime hero race', so I was already expecting him to look like one.

I'd go with the Hyur, personally. Believe it or not, the "common" Midlander is far more unique these days than any Miqo'te will ever be. ._. /sigh

Plus I have a huge crush on Midlanders wat.

Personally was kind of disappointed with the midlander male facial options. They all kinda looked emaciated and androgynous. They need at least two more facial options that don't look like pubescent doe eyed wallflowers just getting their peach fuzz  to come in. Switching over to the highlander and....well that's where they put all the testosterone.:?

I'd go with the Hyur, personally. Believe it or not, the "common" Midlander is far more unique these days than any Miqo'te will ever be. ._. /sigh

^ this.

>_> Minus the crush part. Oh, is that why you voted for the Hyur version of Felix instead of Miqo'te? >:o Biased.

Role playing the traditional, typical Hyur/human is more unique since a lot of people are playing Miqo'te.

If you wanna be around a lot of your own race, go Miqo. If not, go Hyur.

I think Hyur look awesome, too.. So I guess I am as biased as Asyun.

I like both, but I actually like the Midlander's face better for some reason. They do look a little animesque, but people often say that about the series. If you want to stick with your established character and backstory, stay a Miqo'te, but if you don't mind rewriting, I'd at least try the Midlander.

You could always spend a little extra time making both before you actually start playing during beta, and walk around the cities to see which one's animations and emotes you like more. Kevaraan was originally a Midlander himself, but I didn't really think any of their hairstyles fit, and I liked the animalistic or feral aspect of a Miqo'te, since he's had that flavor in my other works. I might change him back come beta, but I think I'd like to stay a Miqo'te.

I'd also go with the hyur. Mainly because I've seen that miqo'te at the very least a dozen times. That hairstyle is overused tremendously on all races. Whereas the Hyur one, that style is actually limited to just midlanders. Makes for a more unique appearance in my opinion.

^ this.

>_> Minus the crush part. Oh, is that why you voted for the Hyur version of Felix instead of Miqo'te? >:o Biased.

Role playing the traditional, typical Hyur/human is more unique since a lot of people are playing Miqo'te.

I'm manipulating the population because Midlanders are hot.

I'M SORRY OHGOD. I have a problem.. :cry:

Ashren has this whole tragic history going on right now of being an orphaned Sunseeker due to being a creepy albino which his tribe believed was an ill-omen. If I made him a Hyur I could just remove the whole orphaned thing from his history and keep most of the rest with a few tweaks.

The appearance and personality, and some of his character flaws, are partially based on Setzer from FFVI, so I'm kind of leaning towards Hyur a little more as well just because of that. Plus the crazy Yoshida Hairstyle looks pretty good with the helm options available in the benchmark.

^ this.

I'll forgive you, this time.

But Only because Aysun owns a tavern. Oh! Maybe Felix could play his pan pipe there sometime :D

Maybe it's the beard, maybe it's the hairstyle I'm not sure. However I do know that I like the way the Miqo'te looks more than the Hyur. The Miqo just looks a litle more ruff around the edges to me, I think. 

It could also be that the hyur's eyes just don't fit color wise to me. ( I don't know what it is, but something about his face just strikes my eyes the wrong way.)

^ this.

I'll forgive you, this time.

But Only because Aysun owns a tavern. Oh! Maybe Felix could play his pan pipe there sometime :D

I.. I don't own a tavern..

So I was playing around with the benchmark again trying to remake my character using the different races when I came up with a Midlander that I really like. Now I'm stuck between trying to decide if I want to rewrite my character a bit and make him into a Hyur, or just leave him as a Miqo'te. I'm going to post my screenshots and I'd like some input on what people think, because I really am stuck on this decision.

s8HGndQ.jpg

Keuhgy3.jpg

Midlander all day if you ask my opinion, I was gonna make Chance one as well but decided on Highlander cuz the look suited him more. Ignoring my characters, if I chose between your two there I easily can say Hyur > Miqo.

Btw digging the hair for the Hyur friend, good work :thumbsup:

Generally, I feel I should vote hyur just because, well, we need more of them than miqo'te. However, I think the character design of the miqo'te is particularly interesting, and the backstory works with the tribal angle... so I had to vote miqo'te.

However, they both look really good, so either one would be a good choice, IMO. :)

I really like your Miqo'te design! He looks much more...hm. I'm not sure how to say it without sounding silly but...evil! :evil:

Midlanders tend to have that youthful appearance to them, which is cool for some! But in my personal opinion? Yeaaah, your Miqo'te looks really awesome. :)

^ this.

Do feel bad, I'm with you on the Midlanders - heck my first thought when I saw the trailer was damn that guy is hot.