Pokemon... mega evolutions

To all the Poke nerds here, what do you guys think of the new mega evolutions?

I honestly don't know what to say, I'm excited but I'm not. I feel it could be really cool if they implement it right, but a part of me says that it's going to be broken.

My worst fear is that mega evolutions will just be a cheap way of giving pokemon that could've, would've and should've gotten a regular evolution, and this will be just slapped on to every poke, making it not special anymore.

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? My thoughts are that I have dealt with every gen, accepting that there are always dud Pokemon in every set.

But this? Mega Evolutions aren't a Pokemon feature. Know what they are? Temporary evolution in battle. Do you know what THAT is? A Digimon feature.

I've been a Pokemon fan since I was around... Oh... 6? And with every game I have looked at every new feature, every new Pokemon and tried to remain 100% objective. But now? Depending on how this is implemented? It may be the end of the franchise for me, it's already not looking good however regardless with how well they explain and/or implement it.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? My thoughts are that I have dealt with every gen, accepting that there are always dud Pokemon in every set.

But this? Mega Evolutions aren't a Pokemon feature. Know what they are? Temporary evolution in battle. Do you know what THAT is? A Digimon feature.

I've been a Pokemon fan since I was around... Oh... 6? And with every game I have looked at every new feature, every new Pokemon and tried to remain 100% objective. But now? Depending on how this is implemented? It may be the end of the franchise for me, it's already not looking good however regardless with how well they explain and/or implement it.

This exactly. It isn't a pokemon feature at all. It belongs to Digimon and is just a cheap way of winning a battle easier for sucky players. I can see people seriously abusing the mega pokes in battle (Since we can play with people around the world now) if they don't ban it from online battling. Its the scrub way to victory, sure I will use it if I don't have much of a choice(Not in online play) but I'll stick to my team of 6.

Gamefreak is just looking their touch overall. I could just ramble on about how but we would never stop talking.

1009859_225387314279649_1693216193_n.jpg.ec07f58466718a345dabb4b773b09043.jpg

Ah...  :(

I agree, Mega Evolutions seem to be out of place for Pokemon, especially for those Pokemon who already have 3 stage evolutions.

Mewtwo is of course will always be uber, but Lucario for example, that ninja vulpine is powerful enough as is, why would...

Anyway the feature seems like it is dependent on the held item, eh?

Knock Off or Trick should do the... trick.

Ah...  :(

I agree, Mega Evolutions seem to be out of place for Pokemon, especially for those Pokemon who already have 3 stage evolutions.

Mewtwo is of course will always be uber, but Lucario for example, that ninja vulpine is powerful enough as is, why would...

Anyway the feature seems like it is dependent on the held item, eh?

Knock Off or Trick should do the... trick.

Its Agumon's warp digivole style brah. Supposely, though Torchic is the only one said to have the held item doing that.. Dunno if Mewtwo or Lucario need it. (That I'm aware of.)

Torchic can do warp digivole properly though since it has 3 forms.. Proof. (Picture Agumon as Torchic. 

oh great.... Seriously why do we need to make battles EASIER? I could see something like this being used as a kind of... last-ditch, no-pp left kind of thing, but from what I'm understanding, it'll be avalible as long as you have the right item, am I correct?

Its Agumon's warp digivole style brah. Supposely, though Torchic is the only one said to have the held item doing that.. Dunno if Mewtwo or Lucario need it. (That I'm aware of.)

Torchic can do warp digivole properly though since it has 3 forms.. Proof. (Picture Agumon as Torchic. 

[[Agumon Shinkaaaa]]

The hardcore Digimon fan in me is laughing maniacally. This will be the best Pokemon, yet.

No, but really, this is very strange for Pokemon. o_o

oh great.... Seriously why do we need to make battles EASIER? I could see something like this being used as a kind of... last-ditch, no-pp left kind of thing, but from what I'm understanding, it'll be avalible as long as you have the right item, am I correct?

You are correct, it will be a hold item. How you activate it however is unknown. My guess? It activates at the 30% threshold like a berry.

[[Agumon Shinkaaaa]]

The hardcore Digimon fan in me is laughing maniacally. This will be the best Pokemon, yet.

No, but really, this is very strange for Pokemon. o_o

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon ended up being the cute furry version of digimon in the future.. It does look like this way with the Gen 5 and some of Gen 6 pokemon, how the stories are (EX: Time controlling pokemon.. DNA splitting pokemon into two, etc) And now mega evolution?