Eorzean Hunters League LS Idea

Hey guys,

As some of you might know I have been playing around with an idea for a link shell recently, I was looking through the current list and couldn't see anything for the hunters of beasts and slayers of dragons.  As a big fan of the monster hunter game and seeing the giant beasts in FFXIV I feel there would probably be some small group of hunters who seek out the challenge of taking down these monsters with perhaps Bahamut being the greatest there is.  There is also a a show of the FF games having this kind of particular breed of excitement with the Festival of the Hunt from IX.  

The Idea is to have an IC link shell to represent the league of hunters in Eorzea, camping fates and running dungeons as generic monster hunts rather than paying attention to the specific lore associated with each one.  I was also hoping that we could organise our own festival of the hunt events once I work out how to do each one, speed of fate killing by specific groups, speed/challenge runs of dungeons. I don't know yet.

The Shell would have been founded relatively recently after Bahamut crashed down and I was looking not only for members but a perspective founding partner/s to get the ball rolling.  Let me know what you think and if you have any interest, comments or criticisms.

This sounds super cool. There could be small groups of 2 - 4 in the linkshell that get together to hunt creatures for the sake of a reward, a la your standard fetch quest (Maybe there could be a notice board for people who need certain things killed somehow?). Whether that means doing a dungeon, FATEs, or just straight hunting. I think that'd be pretty good motivation to do those sorts of things IC.

This sounds really nice! I need to find any excuse for my Miqo'te to join such a lifestyle...

Well, she's already very curious about the outside world. Perhaps if she met an experienced hunter from that group, she could be deeply inspired and would ask her elders permission to join them. It doesn't mean she'd leave her tribe; she'd just go adventuring from time to time, if that works.

This sounds super cool. There could be small groups of 2 - 4 in the linkshell that get together to hunt creatures for the sake of a reward, a la your standard fetch quest (Maybe there could be a notice board for people who need certain things killed somehow?). Whether that means doing a dungeon, FATEs, or just straight hunting. I think that'd be pretty good motivation to do those sorts of things IC.

This is kinda what I was thinking, eventually have a small house to work as the leagues "office" but its more about putting up bounties for things, big monster is has been ruining my crops and scaring my sheep, please come and kill hit. Again taking ideas from monster hunter there. I was thinking that we could get anyone to post their own bounties IC on a thread. Same with dungeons.

This sounds really nice! I need to find any excuse for my Miqo'te to join such a lifestyle...

Well, she's already very curious about the outside world. Perhaps if she met an experienced hunter from that group, she could be deeply inspired and would ask her elders permission to join them. It doesn't mean she'd leave her tribe; she'd just go adventuring from time to time, if that works.

That's perfectly fine, I don't know if you have played monster hunter but there is a central guild that organises the bounties and licensed hunters can go out and hunt them for the "reward" (see fate exp and stuff) and of course IC recognition. Could very easily have it that you are a training hunter who works for the league.

Mirion will definitely be seeking to join up with such a league. The thrill of the hunt, coupled with doing good for all of Eorzea? Sounds like the perfect place for him!

The more the merrier, there are at least two more people who have shown interest on the skypes.

There could also be some nice back and forth between the Hunters League and the Cute Things Protection Agency :D

This really sounds like a lot of fun, :). I'm a big fan of the MonHan games, and I've already considered C'io something of a "monster hunter" (check out my application to Blue Skies and you'll see it, hehe), so this is something of a natural evolution. Do count me in!

Alright, that works! I'd like her to learn about this group as the actual RP develops, It'll be more fun this way ^^

Thats cool, I like that kind of development as well, why do you think I haven't thrown Khaze'to into the tribe :D (ohh that could be a nice link actually).  Posters will be going up as I said and Im hoping that there are a few people who don't mind adding it to their characters history over the 5 year gap to flesh out the few experienced hunters.  its meant to be a new group so its not the largest anyway.

@Divisor

Do you have a skype account I could add, would be good to get the new group up and running and its a good way to organise. Send me a PM if you don't want it known on the forums.

Just a quick update, I shall be working to get a LS page up and running tonight when I get back from work, we have an awesome symbol for the league thanks to C'io and their sister.  Once people can log on more reliably we can start getting this off the ground but for now with it being hit and miss I've been reluctant to throw myself into it when I'm not sure I'll be able to get into game.

Also Kari informed me that there apparently is a trappers league all ready in game referenced by a quest or fate.  Now I would probably consider the trappers league to be more game hunting for food and perhaps the two groups might overlap with the Hunters league being more about the giant monsters and threats and challenges that the world holds.