Hallo

Ty Lee

Thank god y'all have a template cause I'm terrible at this crap, haha.

MMORPG background

I've played more MMOs than I care to admit, quite honestly! I think I've played WoW, Rift, EQ2, and GW2 the most. TOR is a runner up as far as time played. I was known primarily on WoW/Rift/TOR as Farorei and Nataske and Nathaniel Loving, GW2 as Fjori, and EQ2 as I can't even remember.

Gotta throw FFXI out there too! I didn't get into the community much, but it was my very first MMO and I have a ton of really strong feelings about it. I didn't get to play very long because I was finishing up my senior year of high school when it came out and I did not have the time to dedicate to it, but I still listen to the soundtrack and pine for the glory days.

RP experience

I always feel a little awkward filling this section out! I've RPed a lot, roleplaying has been a hobby of mine since I was probably 10 or 11. Not sure what else to say beyond that, haha. I roleplay a lot and I have for a long time. I have a lot of roleplay experience. 8| Too much roleplay experience.

Character ideas/info

I could beat around the bush here, buuuuut ultimately I usually end up roleplaying strong-willed ladies with sharp wits and sharper jaws. That's probably what I'll end up playing here too, as evidenced by my icon. I've got two miqo'te ideas floating around in my head because their culture sounds absolutely killer from what little I've read, and a hyur and roegadyn lady that are both a little less concrete at the moment.

How did you learn about the coalition?

A friend! I don't know what his username is on here, though. Alas.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'm not sure if any one of these really fits me too well. Heavy, I guess, in that I usually try to be IC and I put a ton (no, really, a ton) of thought into every miniscule little aspect of my characters.

In terms of widescale involvement, I dunno, I guess I'm just gonna have to see how immersed I get into the setting. In the past I've run some huge storylines and RP guilds (even an RP website very similar to this one) but lately I've just stuck to smaller scale stuff among friends or new folks I meet who have similar interests. Real life has been exhausting lately so I may not even have energy for more than that. Don't let that deter you though, I'm always excited to talk about RP with likeminded folks!!

As far as subject matter I'm pretty flexible, though I do love a good dark, heavy storyline. As a rule I'm pretty terrible to my characters. They have seen some shit.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Nothing terribly interesting to report, honestly. Last month I moved out of state (to Athens, GA) for work so I'm sort of...between things right now. Um, let's see. Probably my most prominent hobbies include drawing, roleplaying, and cooking. I design and print shirts (and other apparel) for a living. I like cats. I like snakes. (I like turtles.)

Uh, I really don't have anything of note to offer, honestly. If you wanna check out my art I've got an art blog, but there's not much FFXIV there yet and it's also hella NSFW.

I've got an art blog, but there's not much FFXIV there yet and it's also hella NSFW.

OHHHH? - Where's the eyebrow raise emoticon...

Anyways, Welcome~! You'll fit right in, too bad you have to tear your eyes out in wait for the actual game to come around the corner. And you're on Balmung~ Ehee, I hope to see you there!

Very lovely artwork, may be interesting in commissioning at a later time. I really, really like your style. Also, welcome to the site, there are a number of awesome people who can point you to some really nice links to make you feel more at home. Hope to see you around game. :)

I've got an art blog, but there's not much FFXIV there yet and it's also hella NSFW.

OHHHH? - Where's the eyebrow raise emoticon...

Anyways, Welcome~! You'll fit right in, too bad you have to tear your eyes out in wait for the actual game to come around the corner. And you're on Balmung~ Ehee, I hope to see you there!

OH YEAH, I'm feelin it 8| But early start is Saturday, right? Or am I completely misinformed

Also, thank you Foxberry! I've been perusing the many helpful links in one of the stickies on this forum, but more are always welcome. I have no idea what I'm doing 8D

Heya, Faori! Welcome to RPC!

Well, since the coalition's cake is spoiled now (no one remembers to put it into the fridge for the day the open beta came and now it's all polka dot with molds) I'll offer you... Here! Take these Shrimp Rolls! Crunchy crust, juicy insides, savory delights, full of protein! :D

Oh, and your arts are unique! :thumbsup:

Welcome!  I like your user avatar, Faori.  Who made that?

Hey, thanks! I made it last night; the result of a quick, sloppy effort to hash together something maybe vaguely resembling the character I may or may not make. You can see the full thing here. I know my art style doesn't jive terribly well with the Final Fantasy aesthetic, but oh well 9_9

And thanks to everyone else for the welcomes, too! Looking forward to delving into the community a little more once I become a bit more familiar with the lore. :D

I think your aesthetic justifies itself.  I don't suppose you'd do any work by gil commission?  I've still got small fortune sitting around on Balmung, on Legacy Yeldir.

I might some day! I've currently got a backlog of commissions for cash that I haven't been able to tend to due to real life being crazy exhausting/hectic, but once those are taken care of it is possible. :D