Myself and my guild coming here.

Zularti

Hello everyone! 

My guild and I are coming to the Balmung server. We wanted to be on the official Rp server.

Our guild, Harbingers of the Dawn, is a Good aligned guild even though a lot of the people in the guild are less than good people. 

The only question I really have is about RP meeting places. Are there places in ffxiv that rpers typically gather a certain town tavern or something?

Other than that in the future I'd like to find a nefarious female character to join in on some fun guild RP. If anyone has a female character that is nefarious and wants to run a guild behind the scenes shoot me a message!

Welcome to the site and the game. :) 

It really depends on what city you're considering. I know when I was in Gridania on Balmung there were quite a bit of rpers at the Roost. Hope you and your guildmates enjoy the game. :D

Hello everyone! 

My guild and I are coming to the Balmung server. We wanted to be on the official Rp server.

Our guild, Harbingers of the Dawn, is a Good aligned guild even though a lot of the people in the guild are less than good people. 

The only question I really have is about RP meeting places. Are there places in ffxiv that rpers typically gather a certain town tavern or something?

Other than that in the future I'd like to find a nefarious female character to join in on some fun guild RP. If anyone has a female character that is nefarious and wants to run a guild behind the scenes shoot me a message!

I remember you guys! Also hi and welcome!

Actually my friend, that's a common misconception. You see, there is NO official RP server, but there are TWO UNofficial RP servers. (Yes! Two! Can you believe it?)

Balmung is for Legacy players and non-legacy jointly.

Gilgamesh however is an RP server exclusively for the non-legacy lot.

Both have very much merit to them along with accompanying strengths and weaknesses. If you are not 100% on Balmung I encourage you to do some research into both and make an educated decision on the best fit for your guild.

IF however your heart is set on Balmung, then I am sure you will have an amazing time and wish you all the best. Welcome to the forums! :moogle:

As for your major question in terms of "RP hubs" it's a bit early for any established ones. Though the majority of players (and RPers as well I've noticed) tend to hang out in Ul'dah. Good luck!

I thought Balmung was the 1.0 official RP server (I know SE never made it but I thought it was the communities)

That would mean that 2.0 should still be Balmung since that was the old one. I don't want to needlessly fracture the RP community when I'm sure we could all fit on one server.

I guess I'll have to check out Ul'dah. I maybe too busy trying to get that dragoon at the start. :P

I thought Balmung was the 1.0 official RP server (I know SE never made it but I thought it was the communities)

That would mean that 2.0 should still be Balmung since that was the old one. I don't want to needlessly fracture the RP community when I'm sure we could all fit on one server.

I guess I'll have to check out Ul'dah. I maybe too busy trying to get that dragoon at the start. :P

That was the general consensus, and Balmung WAS the old server. But a LOT of people had reasons for wanting to start fresh on a new realm. As such, the RP community is already split. Both servers now have their own established communities with accompanying vices and virtues.

You and some others see it as needless, others saw it as necessity. But I digress, if you are Balmung-bound? Good luck!

• 1 month later...