Question about player housing.

I haven't been able to dig up this answer anywhere but I might just be overlooking. Will there be a way to invite other people into your character's house? Because I think being able to use those as RP settings would be the BEST THING EVER. Next to guild strongholds and stuff.

Sadly, we just don't know at this point. :( I have this vague recollection that it was said in an interview that you'd be able to show off your house to other players, but I'll be the first to admit that I may be misremembering that.

so I'm guessing there will even be an option to open your house to the public.

This would be wonderful. Like dimensions in Rift! Tons of folk set up RP hubs there.

Yes you can

I sell ceruleum and ceruleum accessories.

Lol, watch the Letter to the Producer videos, If I'm not mistaken its between video five or six. Yoshi himself talks about putting a table in your house for FC hangout/strategy sessions.

Some of guys new to the game should really check these videos out your mouth will drop with the plans behind this game seriously. Most of them are on youtube right now. Go check them out. They are seriously detailed and most have been translated, some of them even have subtitles.

Housing

In a later patch, players will be able to purchase expensive plots of land in shared instanced areas for housing, both small and large. Land deeds can be bought for personal or FC use and be freely traded or sold to other players. With property owned, players can build, expand, and add furniture to houses of their liking. Adding things like battle trophies, parks, or chocobo stables will grant benefits (e.g. EXP bonus) to be shared with fellow FC members. This also includes a storefront for selling goods. Owners can set permissions depending on how they’d like to use the property. As there is limited space, developers will add a new instance only when the current one is getting full (similar to Dragon Quest X).

Nabbed from the Visual Synopsis on NeoGAF.  I think his sources are in his second post.

so I'm guessing there will even be an option to open your house to the public.

This would be wonderful. Like dimensions in Rift! Tons of folk set up RP hubs there.

Yes you can

Lol, watch the Letter to the Producer videos, If I'm not mistaken its between video five or six. Yoshi himself talks about putting a table in your house for FC hangout/strategy sessions.

Some of guys new to the game should really check these videos out your mouth will drop with the plans behind this game seriously. Most of them are on youtube right now. Go check them out. They are seriously detailed and most have been translated, some of them even have subtitles.

I've seen them mentioned before but I didn't realise they contained that much info, so thanks and will do :)

Yes you can

I've seen them mentioned before but I didn't realise they contained that much info, so thanks and will do :)

They are a great way to kill time before early access (Besides watching Sword Art Online or Attack on Titan) most of them are pretty long too and Yoshi shows lots and lots of pictures, footage, everything, this including the housing itself. And when I mean long I mean over two hours long a piece!