Gilgamesh locked :'(

After struggling with getting the launcher to update since about 2 hours before early access, i have only JUST managed to get on... and Gilgamesh is locked to char creation :'(

Anyone have any idea how long this is likely to last? I'm in Australia so if it's just a case of waiting until the US "offpeak" i just need to know roughly how long that will be (I can tide myself over with True Blood or something until then I guess)

I wish I knew.

If it makes you feel better (it probably won't e_e), I was on at 0510 EST this morning, ten minutes after early access started, and tried to roll a character on Gilgamesh as well (just in case Balmung didn't work out for some bizarre reason). It was already locked.

I hope it's lifted soon. Good luck. T_T <3

Yeah. This gave me a sad. I was right there with you Tirra, and had to choose Balmung. I had just made a new character and was getting all excited about playing her. And then bam. Full. Hopefully if it doesn't open up sooner, it will open up when subscriptions start cycling around and people choose to go down to one character per server. I'm just thankful I got onto Balmung.

I don't think there will be any chance of us being able to create a character on Gilgamesh.

SE appears to have locked character creation for that server.

No matter how quickly you logon after maintenance/downtime the server is still locked, which leads me to believe it is not locked because of current traffic, but overall population.

I don't think it is going to happen...

I don't think there will be any chance of us being able to create a character on Gilgamesh.

No matter how quickly you logon after maintenance/downtime the server is still locked, which leads me to believe it is not locked because of current traffic, but overall population.

The problem is, several huge guilds all rolled on that server, along with several online communities.  I am not surprised that it's really overpopulated at the moment.

The problem is, several huge guilds all rolled on that server, along with several online communities.  I am not surprised that it's really overpopulated at the moment.

I've starting to wonder why we even choose Gilgamesh if so many other groups already claimed it. I can't even log in on my existing character because the servers are "full." -_-