Miqo'te Tribe relations?

shotgunbadger

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere and I'm missing it but how do the two Miqo'te tribes actually interact with each other usually? Obviously they have a few very opposite features but do they look down on each other for them or is it more a 'yea those weirdos in the desert let the dudes rule everything' vs 'oh those forest hermits that hide in the shadows, whatever' thing?

Is interbreeding possible? Since the main dividing line seems to be a spiritual one it seems to make sense to me that 'halfbreeds' would be a thing, especially considering the two tribes have plenty of reasons to have issues with their men and women wandering around if they want a better life than breeding.

Did these tribes exist before the Miqo'te came over on the ice bridge, or are they a product of their new lands? If so, what was 'ancient Miqo'te culture' like?

This is no claim to being exact, but I think they aren't on unfriendly terms.. and I can't see why they wouldnt be able to interbreed, they are both Miqotes... It's probably more down to personal preference and how hide-bound the Sunseeker is to tradition.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere and I'm missing it but how do the two Miqo'te tribes actually interact with each other usually? Obviously they have a few very opposite features but do they look down on each other for them or is it more a 'yea those weirdos in the desert let the dudes rule everything' vs 'oh those forest hermits that hide in the shadows, whatever' thing?

Are we talking tribes or clans? If we're talking tribes (which are a Seeker thing), they can and likely do interact. Sometimes the interactions are violent, as we know that taking territory from another tribe is a socially acceptable way for a tia to become the nunh of that captured territory.

If we're talking about clans, traditionally, their different schedules would mean that they probably have no significant interactions with each other. However, in the city-states, they'd likely interact to some degree; I expect they likely have stereotypes, but no strong feelings.

Is interbreeding possible? Since the main dividing line seems to be a spiritual one it seems to make sense to me that 'halfbreeds' would be a thing, especially considering the two tribes have plenty of reasons to have issues with their men and women wandering around if they want a better life than breeding.

Interbreeding between tribes in Seekers is bound to cause some issues, since the female is essentially turning her back on her tribe and indicating that her nunh isn't good enough for her. Depending on how dark the story is, the consequences could range from social sanction to exile or worse. It's possible that fighting over a particular female in this case could start an intertribal war.

If we're talking about the two clans, then yes, interbreeding should be possible but again, there'd be a social stigma for a Seeker female as she's going against tradition and snubbing her duty to her tribe. For a Seeker tia, I doubt there'd be any significant consequences, though he would most likely end up leaving his tribe due to the matriarchal culture of the Keepers.

Did these tribes exist before the Miqo'te came over on the ice bridge, or are they a product of their new lands? If so, what was 'ancient Miqo'te culture' like?

The 26 tribes of miqo'te Seekers, as well as prominent families of Keepers, came over on the ice bridge. Other Keeper families arrived later. We know nothing else, really, of ancient miqo'te culture other than they traveled the lands hunting prey.

They wouldn't be "half breed" technically since they are both the same race. They just have different religious beliefs. They have some differences due to evolution through their lifestyles.

From what i can find lore wise they don't have any particular dislike for each other. I'm sure it';s entirely possible for people from Sun and Moon tribes to breed together. It even seems to be suggested that cross species relations happen in the world so different tribes breeding is the least of the problems.

The tribes existed before they  immigrated, that is stated for both Seekers and Keepers.

For Seekers, its the fact with the 26 Letters for each tribe. Some of the Totem Animals  of the tribes dont exist in Eorzea and a relics of that time before.

For Keepers, its said that in a family always the mothers name gets passed down (sons and daughters take the mother/family name, and there's no word on marriage or name change. Ever). It's also said that some of these family names are so old they can be predated to that time before the immigration.

edit: whoops, some people were faster than me. Same time writing.

For the race interbreeding, there's no real hindrance besides cultural aspects. Both clans are the same race... and then again not, due to physical differences. Its like Europeans and asians. Same race. But... there IS a difference. It doesnt hinder offspring, tho, its still the same race.