look man i'm rusty

Lament

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing all those, I'm really curious on what your art is like when not being rusty. I know plenty of people who would kill just to be able to draw what you consider rusty.

D: But that'd be such a waste! Kill to draw like better people. ;w;

But thank you!

In terms of being rusty, I think what happens is you lose some fluidity/speed and make more mistakes (so you take even longer to do things). As I'm drawing these I'm slowly getting faster (to the point I've started to clean them up a bit) so it really is helping me get back in drawing shape. I may chance a non-chibi soon. c:

Your art is lovely and super adorable! If you have the desire/time to draw an easily excitable, high strung Miqo'te, please accept my offering of Rhashi screenshots! :3

Please accept my humble rendition!

rhashinc.pngrhashi.png

@above: If you could give me full body refs, that'd be great! If not... well. I'll figure something out.

@Divisor: I might give you pants eventually.

Eeee! I love it! Thank you so much! Super adorable! :3 I'll treasure it! <3

These are so cuuute! If you get the chance, here's Nako.

tumblr_mt74kpkpAK1s51p16o1_1280.jpg

Here you go!

nakonc.pngnako.png

I couldn't tell whether she's a Seeker or Keeper and what her eye color is from the ref, I'm sorry ):

It's totally cool! Omigosh! I love her! She's a Keeper with one green eye and one gold (which really isn't super important to me anyway) if you're curious, so the eyes seem fine to me! Ahhhhh! Way cute! Thank you!

Thanks so much for all the interest!

I need to finish the requests I already got and I got a little busy IRL, so I'm closing requests for the time being. I'll keep posting them as I finish them!

And to get some more rust off, here's a really rough non-chibi sketch of my grumpy researcher, Elissa:

elissa.png

Thanks again! Sorry to those still waiting, I'll get to it!

6 chibis to go, self >:I

Thanks so much for all the interest!

I need to finish the requests I already got and I got a little busy IRL, so I'm closing requests for the time being. I'll keep posting them as I finish them!

And to get some more rust off, here's a really rough non-chibi sketch of my grumpy researcher, Elissa:

elissa.png

Thanks again! Sorry to those still waiting, I'll get to it!

6 chibis to go, self >:I

Amazing artwork and I love your style! 8-)

I'm an artist myself but I haven't drawn in years due to work reasons IRL. I need to get back to it. Haha.

..Well then. If you ever get the time, Val wouldn't mind looking absolutely precious and adorable.

ffxiv_10072013_220855.png~original

ffxiv_09272013_015113.png~original

ffxiv_09262013_234344.png~original

ffxiv_10122013_021143.png~original

Delivering!

valnc.pngval.png

@Xydane, suncitycat: Thank you <3

@Xydane: I stopped for a long time, too. Turns out it's a bit like riding a bike, though you lose a bit of dexterity.

..Well then. If you ever get the time, Val wouldn't mind looking absolutely precious and adorable.

ffxiv_10072013_220855.png~original

ffxiv_09272013_015113.png~original

ffxiv_09262013_234344.png~original

ffxiv_10122013_021143.png~original

Delivering!

valnc.pngval.png

@Xydane: I stopped for a long time, too. Turns out it's a bit like riding a bike, though you lose a bit of dexterity.

;-; Oh my god it's so amazing. Thank you!

Tell me about it. I came back from my last military deployment and it took me a couple of hours to remember how to ride my bike again without eating it. xD It's probably going to be the same for drawing...

Droppin' by to say that your art is totes adorbs, and I love it.

Also droppin' by to say, hey guess what!  Another cat wouldn't mind to overwhelm you with another doodle option:

bTNM6bg.jpg

ah9qm4m.jpg

This one is his bemasked alterego, "Bondage Batman."

Je9xofp.jpg

i'm only marginally sorry

rinhanc.pngrinha.png

The Joker's playing with boners again.

Droppin' by to say that your art is totes adorbs, and I love it.

Also droppin' by to say, hey guess what!  Another cat wouldn't mind to overwhelm you with another doodle option:

bTNM6bg.jpg

ah9qm4m.jpg

This one is his bemasked alterego, "Bondage Batman."

Je9xofp.jpg

i'm only marginally sorry

rinhanc.pngrinha.png

The Joker's playing with boners again.

Oh my gooddddd. I love it. I love it so much. You are ah-mazing.

also: omg it looks like Viewtiful Joe.

All of the art is so cute! xD  The light coloring and soft lines give it a very sweet, cutesy feel.  I wish my chibis were even half as cute as yours. ;w;

But since you're taking requests, would you mind drawing Oriel if you have the time?  Here's a ref:

ffxiv_10102013_042048_zpseb3e2104.png

ffxiv_10112013_023211_zpsbf71faad.png

Thank you for sharing your artwork with us!  And I'm glad that whatever injury you've got is on the mend. ;w;

It'll take me a little bit to finish this (and the other requests! I'm sorry!), but here's a WIP:

oriwip.png

Omg I want an extra adorable Keru, your art is sooper cute. Reminds me of my days in maplestory. I don't have shoes but I have two pictures for reference

KeruLowry08_18_201316_43_29_zpsee623bd4.png

MiqoKeru1_zps83491920.png

Whenever you can. I'll wait if you need time. ^.^ Your art is fab though keep up the good work. (I wish I was rusty like you are...)

• 3 weeks later...

Not making a request or anything. Just wanted to say I hope you're healing well and that everything is going okay. You really did a lot of nice (and really adorably artistic!) things for a lot of your friends here and I hope the Universe returns some of that positive energy back to you.