Just Another Night (Open RP)

I have made an alt for a bit of a different Roleplay than my shy little Miqo'te Kieaira. She is another Mi'qote but this time a Seeker. Please Enjoy, and feel free to jump in!

575x304http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s534/Melisa_Sider/ffxiv2013-10-1416-51-56-86_zps3a82f54d.png[/img]

"Oi! What the hell!" A large male Miqo'te tumbled backwards through the doors of the Coffin and Coffer, down the steps landing hard on his ass in the dirt, one hand rising up to rub at his jaw as he glared up at his attacker.

Standing at the top of the stairs, one hand on her hip, the other balled into a fist were the aquamarine eyes of a female Seeker of the Sun. Her blonde hair tied up with adorable white ribbons into twin ponytails, tiger stripe markings stand out against her lightly tanned cheeks. A loose purple shirt hangs from her lithe form falling down over black tights which are tucked neatly into purple shoes. A tight brown leather collar was locked like a belt around her neck. Her hands are covered with matching purple fingerless gloves. Hanging from her belt rests a well-used, pair of bone hora weapons.

"Keep your hands to yourself and you won't find my fist in your face." She growled softly and spit in the dirt near his foot ... she was oh so ladylike. The male growled back and took a step forward, causing the female to raise her fists once more.

"Bah, a tramp like you ain't worth the time of day." He waved his hand dismissively and turned around, walking off towards Black Brush Station, still grumbling and rubbing his jaw.

The female Miqo'te raised her hand and brushed it along her chin in a rude gesture towards the males back, before turning and heading back inside the tavern. "Give me a cold one." She called to the waitress and sat down in a seat near the bar, ignoring any looks or whispers from the other patrons.

She raised the cold glass to her lips, closing her eyes and draining about half of the liquid, before placing the glass back on the counter, a bit more rough that she had planned, a few droplets sprayed from the glass onto the counter.

The Miqo'te woman shrugged and spun around on her stool, aquamarine eyes examining those around the tavern, perhaps for conversation ... perhaps just out of curiosity ... only time would tell.

Please feel free to jump in, sit down at a table, converse ... Whatever!

"I thought audacity was a trait the Seekers valued," he said, almost to himself, "his approach was foolish of course.I imagine it must be hard to break certain tribal habits."

The Hyur made no inclination to face the female as he spoke. He sat only a couple of stools away from her. He smiled a little to himself as he put his mug on the counter, making it plain the comment was addressed to her.

Val had already been within the Coffin, bi-colored eyes of blue and gold watching the entire event unfold. The way the Seeker handled the man brought a wry grin to his lips. When the reappeared through the swinging doors, he wasted absolutely no time in trailing his gaze over her figure, nor did he try to hide it. After all, unlike his brethren that she'd so easily forced to vacate the room, he was more than confident in his capabilities to defend himself.

He turned from her, elbows of his leather armor resting along the bar while his fingers drummed over its hard surface. His sandy blonde-haired tail swished back and forth behind in a lazy fashion, a maneuver that seemed to punctuate his rather relaxed, bored state. 

"Y'know," Val began after the woman turned to peer at the other occupants of the room, "If y'don' go lookin' f'trouble, y'likely wouldn't have t'kick some random guy's ass out. Just sayin', cupcake."

The tender finally returned with his drink and Val paused in his greeting to take a quick sip of the beverage. "Though I s'pose th'guy ain' worth anythin' if y'can take 'em out so easily. S'prolly a lowly Tia or somethin'."

The only time he ever cared to glance at the woman again was to look at her out of the corner of the right, scar-crossed eye to gauge her reaction. He wasn't too fond of being blindsided.

A slow yawn crossed her lips, as her tongue darted out to run across her upper teeth, before closing her mouth and looking in the direction of the Hyur male whom had spoken first. "They never learn."

She had in fact noticed the other Miqo'te male peering at her as she re-entered and sat down, but said nothing on it ... at least not right away. His words were heard clear enough. She wrinkled her nose and glared in his direction. "I'm sorry ... did you see frosting on my breasts while you were staring?" She stated, reaching back for her drink, and taking a single gulp. "Yea, didn't think so, keep the pet names to yourself."

The female turned in her seat to face the Hyur male, and let forth a soft laugh. "You'd think being in a tavern, of such high quality, there would be some gentlemen." She laughed and rolled her eyes, taking another gulp of the cool liquid.

Val rolled his eyes almost immediately at the woman's response. His tail flicked a tad hard to its left side, a sign of annoyance. "Trust me, cupcake," he emphasized, likely a point made on purpose, "I ain' got no interest in ya. 'Sides, y'don't run around with y'tits hangin' out an' not expect someone t'look."

The Miqo'te spoke the words as if he had a point, and if so, he truly meant it. He turned his attention entirely to the glass in his right hand and took another swig, pausing long enough to savor the flavor before gulping the relatively harsh liquid down.

Chuckling to himself and nodding to his drink, he replied "Oh there are gentleman here. They prefer the stools as opposed to the hard packed earth for sitting."

He glanced at her momentarily, tilting his head sideways in greeting as he smiled with his eyes. "Not all men share his lack of education. In the same fashion, not all females are as fiery."

He said the last part as he faced forward again, grinning as he drank.

"Fiery? Hmm..." She finished off her drink and placed the glass back on the counter. Slowly she stood from her stool, her blonde tail swaying from side to side as she took the few steps from where she was to the table where the male Miqo'te sat.

She slammed her hands down on the table as she bent forward, her loose purple shirt hanging loosely from her form. "I think my -little- friend here, thinks I am pretty sweet." She smiled giving a wink, as she lowered her voice to just above a whisper. "Take a good long look sweetheart, it might be the last thing you ever see."

She stood back up slowly, and turned around, flicking her tail back at the male, before returning to her seat. She spun around on the stool, putting her back to the other Miqo'te and waved to the bartender to serve her up another drink. "Never a dull moment."

Tobias only saw the climax between the two Miqo'te outside of the Coffin. He passes the grumbling Miqo'te without so much of a glance as the Midlander makes way into one of his frequent stops.

Tobias had listened in on the small conversation that began between the three and finally interjects himself into the mix. "Gentlemen? You would find a gentlemen here just as likely as you would come across a refined lady." the off-colored comment comes from the entrance after the female Miqo'te comes back inside. If anyone, Val would undoubtedly recognize the low, dulcet sound of the newcomer. The Hyur would also take notice of the male Miqo'te as he takes view of the small tavern. 

"Careful Seeker, undoubtedly she would put up much better of a fight than I did." a casual air about the black-haired man that matches his inflection. He too quickly observes the lady in purple and gives a small angled cant of his head in a kind of salutation to her. However, Tobias places himself next to Val.

If the light-haired Seeker were to stay in his seat as the Hyur takes residence next to him and not outright attack, Tobias would directly ask Val, though with no malice or inclination of ulterior motives, "How is your lady?" his tone still casual and soft, but obviously the Miqo'te would take it as he would. However, before Val was be able to respond, "Before you tell me to shove off or pounce on me like a feral kitten, as enjoyable a tiff would be with you again, allow me a bit of dialogue."

The Hyur lifts a beckoning hand over to the barkeep.

Val's gaze never left hers, even as the woman leaned forward. It must have been quite the effort in his part considering his typical tendencies. Nevertheless, his lips curled into a wry grin at the woman as she turned and began to move on.

"Eh. I've seen better." He commented aloud, not necessarily caring whether or not she had heard him. Both lids fell over his eyes as he thought silently to himself for a moment, likely relaxed due to the alcohol he'd consumed since he entered earlier in the evening. "...Seven. Nah, six-point-five. An' that's bein' generous." He stated to no one but himself.

Immediately, however, Val's entire disposition changed. He recognized the voice and, upon opening his eyes, immediately the man that spoke it. His features fell into a deep scowl at the man, stance widening slightly and chest puffing out just a bit--an action that more than gave away the fact that he was on edge.

"Th'lady's doin' just fine. An' sure, y'can speak. But if I don' like what'cha say, you're gettin' gutted again."

The female Seeker raised her brow in response to the new voice and his comment. "It's called sarcasm." She rolled her eyes again, as the bartender slid a glass down to her, raising it to her lips she mumbled. "Boys club in here..."

She was, however, glad that the male Seeker had found someone else to direct his attention on, rude comments or not, she was not fond of those of her kind, and this kind of male was exactly why.

She occupied her mouth with her drink, not wanting to get into it again so soon after her previous encounter. I need to find a new hangout... Perhaps its' time I head back to Limsa? Losing herself in her thoughts as the other men spoke, and quite content not to intrude, for the time being anyways.

A Midlander and Seeker sit at a bar....

The barkeep turns face and walks over to the motioning gesture of the Hyur, "What'd it be?"

"My usual," he produces a large canteen with unknown contents that sloshes about inside.

"Heh, course it is!" 

"Of course," the Hyur then slips a stack of Gil, ten high from a full looking pouch fitted against him.

"Easiest Gil I've made!" the bartender grins.

"Easier than the night with those Highlander women?" inquiries with the same grin.

"Hah!" the bartender goes off towards the kettle.

The raven-haired puts his attention back to the sandy-tresses with an amused expression as his tongue pokes the inside of his cheek in thought, "Of course. I would imagine our conversation would rail along those lines of you eventually telling me to shove off in the end. I might probe a bit more about your lady, make you a touch more irate than you are, you growl at me, I challenge you with a smile, you knock me on my ass, I might knock you on yours, we bond over blades at each other's throat and groin, a lovely evening, think so?"

Lets out a small laugh after he is done with more of his one-sided conversation, though he does not make a glance at Val still, "Or you stay your blade and that adorable temper of yours and I offer your tab for a quiet evening. So long as you do not run my pouch dry. One day I will enjoy our dance again, though the next I hope to be fully committed. Not tonight though. Just words and tense company. So then, where is your lady?"

Slow clapping could be head from the direction of the door. Clap clap clap. "Bravo! Bravo!" Clap clap clap. In the doorway stood a young Elezen, youthful face in a cheerful grin. Over his shoulders, a brown, caped greatcoat hung and fluttered in the wind a bit, with a dark, loose tunic beneath. Loose pants went down to his ankles, where a pair of sandals began. His hair was messy and dirty-blonde, hanging down in front of his forehead.

Clap clap... The Elezen opened his eyes as his wide grin turned to mock confusion, "Wait, you mean this isn' dinner theater? Hm. You should consider it." A smirk crossed his face as he stood in the doorway awhile longer. For dramatic effect.

((And THAT is how Fen makes an entrance. :P ))

Not once did Val allow his attention to part from Tobias, even when the Hyur conversed with the barkeep.

"Yeah, y'could do all that." he began in a rather stern reply, "An' it'll end up 'xactly how y'said it would, only with less've that retarded ass bondin' an' whatnot. Y'already know where I stand with ya. Don' much care t'make friends--got enough's it is."

Only then did he turn from the man, though both of his ears perked slightly to betray the fact that he was certainly alert. "Don' worry 'bout m'tab or none've that. An' th'lady's where she needs t'be. Ask me 'bout 'er again an' I'll cut out y'damned tongue."

He looked as if he were about to say more, and instead opted out in order to take a rather long draw from his glass.

He studied the female as she frowned at her drink morosely for a time.

"I can not help but feel somewhat abashed on behalf of Ul'Dah, miss. It is true we don't have sparkling waters and bleached white rock here, but there is some appeal," he said to her as he turned to face her directly. "Would you allow me to buy your next drink? Perhaps I can change your mind about our Jewel of the Desert." 

He waited for her response with a gracious smile.

The dirty-blonde haired Miqo'te woman turning her head over her shoulder to toss a casual glance towards the Elezean, from where the clapping sound had come from, she raises a brow and shakes her head turning her attention back to her glass.

Slowly she raps her fingers against the side of the glass, causing the tips of her fingers to grow wet from condensation. "A drink...?" She wrinkled her nose, but paused to think before completely denying it. It would save me some gil... I just hope I don't have to crack this guy upside the head if he expects something for it.

"Sure." She said finally, raising the glass to her lips to gulp down the cold liquid. "I could do with one more." She chuckled softly. "I warn you though, I've met enough sleaze in here tonight, it will be hard to change my mind about it."

"Excellent," He said with a nod, his grin widening. He met the barkeep's eyes and motioned in front of both of them, followed by two upheld fingers. "I don't disagree with your assessment of our company tonight," he shrugged. "But You shouldn't judge our city by this one place alone. Besides, is not Limsa founded and home to every manner of pirate? Even today?" 

Nodding his thanks to the barkeep, he gestured for her to take her drink. "Please, with my compliments." He tipped his glass in her direction before taking a shallow drink.

"So I've been told..." She murmured, reaching for the new drink, and raising it to her lips, however, before she takes a drink, she sniffs it first, checking for any strange scents that shouldn't be there.

"Limsa is my next stop." She shrugged, and took a small sip, followed by a large gulp seeming satisfied that the drink was fine, her cheeks felt warmer and had turned a bit red, from the drinks she had already taken. Last one... She promised herself. Or you'll end up in custody ... or worse! She giggled softly at her own private joke, though perhaps it just came off as her having had a bit too much to drink.

"I'm used to males like that, my tribe is just full of arrogant assholes." She sneered, before waving to the bartender once more. Once he was close she would look up at him, a grin on her lips. "Can I have a straw?"

The barkeep looks over at the kettle as it begins to whistle while Val retorted to Tobias in a manner that did not surprise the Hyur one bit.

"Hah, well then we rely on the proverb to keep your friends close and enemies closer!" he casts a sly grin over at the Seeker, "See, bonding already, Spear!" The barkeep sets down the kettle and they both exchange a nod. Tobias produces a wooden cup from his bags and rummages through his small pouches before he takes out a small vial with herbs and spices within. Only someone touched with daftness would not be able to tell what the Midlander was preparing. As he begins to steep his tea, he comments to Val without glancing over at him, "Though it is difficult not to notice her."

"Before you decide to strike me, you said not to ask about her. I passed a comment, did not ask anything." Tobias would quickly interject again before Val would hopefully react, "So either now comes the part where you throw yourself at me, or let it pass if you can realize that she is nothing but a face, yours to be exact," checks inside his kettle to see if the tea is ready, "but if you must let your temper get the best of you, have the decency to drag me outside, will you? Undoubtedly, you know how our barkeep gets when he has to furnish in here again."

"Bonding already...." Tobias would murmur again, but to himself if Val had not already let loose on the Midlander at any point he was casually talking.

There were several times during Tobias' speech that Val came incredibly close to proving the Hyur right. Especially when he had offered Val's lady the compliment. 

Val did move after, though it was not likely in the way that Tobias had hoped. Instead of rushing at the Midlander, the Seeker simply finished off his drink and placed the cup on the bar. His right hand slid to the coin pouch at his side and he removed several new, shiny coins. They obviously had not came from him, considering the state they were in. The gil was placed just beside the cup and he turned to Tobias.

"I already proved m'point t'ya, kid. Y'fuck with m'woman an' I'll kill ya. She's already been instructed t'keep 'er distance, an' she's already promised me she ain' gonna interfere next time y'act out like y'did." The words were spoken not as a threat, but moreso as a warning. 

"Y'can admire 'er all y'want. Y'can even talk about how y'wanna have 'er. That's all well an' good, but at th'end've the night she's comin' home t'me an' no one else. An' as I told th'other guy: she always will." Val pivoted on his right foot to turn toward the door and begin to take his leave, clearly in believe of the words he'd spoken to Tobias. He had no desire to be in the man's company, and such was very clear. All offered to the man as he left was a dismissive wave over his shoulder, and just like that, the entire confrontation had been dropped and forgotten.

The bartender brought a straw to the Miqo'te and she placed it inside her drink and spun around once more on her stool. She watched the interaction between the dark-haired Hyur and the rude Seeker male, and smirked. "Touchy subject." She murmured to no one in particular as she rolled the straw around her mouth with her tongue.

She chuckled to herself as the Seeker left and turned back to the bar, placing her glass upon the counter. "Silly boys..." She remarked, again to no one in particular, the drinks having lightened her mood somewhat. "Thanks." She finally said to the Hyur male seated near to her, waving a hand at him. "For the drink." Each time she spoke, she never bothered to remove the straw from her mouth.

Deaf ears. Again. Was it too much? Hm. Oh well... The Elezen shrugged and stepped aside to let Val pass before sauntering up to the counter. He smiles cheerfully to the general area, before motioning to the barkeep, "Oy, I'll 'ave a cup a' ale, if'n you please!" He smirked to the Miqo'te woman, "Judgin' by the temperamen' you 'ave, I'm guessin' you're the one who knocked that git on his arse earlier? 'Eard 'im grumblin' 'bout it on the road. Loud bloke."

Had Tobias been paying attention to Val's words, there was no indication that he did as he merely continues to check the readiness of his tea. Perhaps the only sign that his mind was on Val's words was when he places the Gil next to the Miqo'te's cup. The tea-appreciating Midlander stares at the shiny coins in silent observation until a familiar Elezen saunters up nearby. There was no need to follow the Miqo'te. Not yet anyways.

Fenenoix Ekrent. The man who was on the bridge that night. He had heard his entrance earlier, but was unfortunately preoccupied in bonding time with Val. "Seems that I should have made good on your offer, Master Elezen." the casual statement passes over to the cheery sounding man.

Finally pours the tinted liquid into his cup though only fills it half way. Fingers slip around the warming cup as he cradles it gently and takes a moment to view the rest of the Coffer & Coffin.

"That would be me." She said cheerily with a smile, quite obviously her good mood had come from the strong drinks she had been sipping at since her arrival. "Glad to hear he's still grumbling ... maybe he actually learned something, though I doubt it. Only wish I could have done the same to that other Seeker that left ... right rude fellow ain't he?"

She turned around once more, leaning her back against the bar as she looked around the tavern with slightly glazed eyes and a half empty drink. "Mmm... perhaps the mood in this place can still be changed to a happier tone."

The Elezen shrugged to the Hyur nearby, "I'd offer again, 'cept one: were already drinking, an' B... no... two,: You're not my type. Really only offered before 'cause I didn' want some poor id'jut to die on account 'a my inaction. I tried. Oh well."

At this, he turned to the Miqo'te, "Well, I dunno 'bout rude... Bit inept, methinks, bu' seems a good enough bloke. Just a wee..." he gave a subtle look to the Hyur, "...protective. Anyroad," he spoke, looking back to the woman, "I'm sure you're righ', moods can always be improved. It's a wee bit harder to do so without someone takin' their shirt off, mind you, bu' possible. Not it, by the way." He winked with a big, mischievous smirk on his face.