Magic Question

As the area effect thing is something new they decided to throw in (being the choice making) has anyone figure out how to make it an area effect and how to make it a single target attack?

This would be really useful for my know since I am dealing with a mage and--- sometimes the thing decides, "No you can not attack that!"

Mages + combat system wanting to be retarded = Dead mage!

I do loe FF14, just really need to figure how the area on/off works lol

If you cast a conjurer spell as a conjurer it is area of effect around the target. If you cast the same spell as a different class it is single target. I've definitely ended levequests very quickly by wiping out all 6 targets with one spell.

Someone told me once of a way to switch between AoE and Single.

Only DoM can do the switch, and switching to Single gives slightly more damage.

I can't remember the exact technique but it has to do with having to confirm your spell twice when you cast, which I thought was an annoying bug... but in fact, it's because you can switch in between. I think it's a matter of an arrow key but I really can't remember.

I know it can be done, though.

If you cast a conjurer spell as a conjurer it is area of effect around the target. If you cast the same spell as a different class it is single target. I've definitely ended levequests very quickly by wiping out all 6 targets with one spell.

Well, I am on Con, just that for some reason it isn't doing area effect (I wish it would had)

Or I the radius of it was adjusted since closed beta to live beta. :?

Do you know what the radius was when you were fighting stuff?

Edit:

I can't remember the exact technique but it has to do with having to confirm your spell twice when you cast, which I thought was an annoying bug... but in fact, it's because you can switch in between. I think it's a matter of an arrow key but I really can't remember.

That is the part I am trying to figure out. xD

Felix is a DoM Conj, so it be nice if I could figure that out. xD

I know I tried the arrow keys, and that didn't go, tried the camera, no go there either... I hope it isn't numpad keys, cause--- that would drive me nuts. >_o *uses a laptop*

Well, I am on Con, just that for some reason it isn't doing area effect (I wish it would had)

Or I the radius of it was adjusted since closed beta to live beta. :?

Do you know what the radius was when you were fighting stuff?

Edit:

That is the part I am trying to figure out. xD

Felix is a DoM Conj, so it be nice if I could figure that out. xD

I know I tried the arrow keys, and that didn't go, tried the camera, no go there either... I hope it isn't numpad keys, cause--- that would drive me nuts. >_o *uses a laptop*

I have the same problem, but for me it's buffs, can't cast my stoneskin on more than my self really annoying, my attack spells work fine as Aoe, it's just my buffs that don't

I was definitely told there's a key you can hit to switch at the time of casting.

I just can't for the life of me remember which one, and I don't play caster much, so I can't really help more than that. :(

I know Stoneskin has a ridiculous AoE range, though. Cast it near an aetheryte in a camp, where 3 dozen people are hanging around and easily half of them will get the buff. :P

Normally, when I cast an area-capable spell, there's a little button that appears saying "area of effect." Clicking it on means it's going to be an area cast, clicking it off makes it single-target.

I've not cast offensive spells as a non-caster class, so there might be a trick to it I'm just not seeing.

Normally, when I cast an area-capable spell, there's a little button that appears saying "area of effect." Clicking it on means it's going to be an area cast, clicking it off makes it single-target.

I've not cast offensive spells as a non-caster class, so there might be a trick to it I'm just not seeing.

It's the same thing. Offensive spells with an AOE ability get the same button, however getting to that button without having to grab the mouse is (so far) eluded me.

It's the same thing. Offensive spells with an AOE ability get the same button' date=' however getting to that button without having to grab the mouse is (so far) eluded me.[/quote']

It might well be a symptom of how I play. I use a Razer Naga and my keyboard, with the Naga's keypad for ability activation, the mouse itself for camera/targeting, and the keyboard for movement and other functions. As a result, clicking the button is something I just do via the mouse without thinking about it.

It's the same thing. Offensive spells with an AOE ability get the same button' date=' however getting to that button without having to grab the mouse is (so far) eluded me.[/quote']

It might well be a symptom of how I play. I use a Razer Naga and my keyboard, with the Naga's keypad for ability activation, the mouse itself for camera/targeting, and the keyboard for movement and other functions. As a result, clicking the button is something I just do via the mouse without thinking about it.

I use a gamepad, so it's a bit irksome. :P

When you go to cast a spell that has an AOE ability, you target your opponent and hit your cast key. Then you will see and 'area of effect' button pop up. You can either click that to turn it on/off (on will be glowing sort of, off will not), type /aoe like Cid said or press Z to toggle it on/off on the fly.

uhh Aoe Is really Aoe...it's basickly everything infront of you in a very Big Circle, using it when fighting near things that can walk over to the mob your fighting and one hit you is not fun, happend to me when doing leves, got my self killed by a Wandering Monster ^-^

The Conjurer AoE is in a circle around your target. I'm not sure how big, but it's not more than 2 meters at level 5. It is nice killing 4 levequest targets with one spell though. Thunder in the rain is the reason I only fight when it's raining.