Question: Is the story of the players inside a rp server serverwide?

Xid

Hello. I have a question about the RP in ffxiv. Are the players of these rp guilds roleplaying mostly inside their free companies and linkshells? Or can i just walk into some area and interact with the RP there? I like the idea of interacting with the living RP world inside the game and would like to find similar people.

Is there a big story shared by all of these guilds so the stories can mix together? What i mean is, are Guild A and B and C ''living inside the same world?'' They interact with each other to create even bigger picture?

You can pretty much find RP of all varieties here, walk up RP isn't uncommon nor is RP between FC's LS's etc. And I have not heard of any FC's that refuse to rp with "the lowly folk" outside of their sphere of contacts. If there are any I'd imagine they wouldn't last long.

There is a lot of living-world RP. On several occasions Ive wandered the wilds like Black Shroud and Thanalan, and found RPers interacting with each other in the open. The main taverns in each of the main cities have a lot of random RP.

FCs like The Grindstone have events that they host out in the open where almost anyone can walk up, and join with others in RP.

There are some RPers that refuse to join FCs, yet they find plenty of RP. 

How do I know all this? Pssh! I'm Kiht Jakkya! (I eavesdrop and spy a lot...) :blush:

General rule of thumb, if they are speaking in /say then it is free game! (though if it sounds private you can always send them a /tell asking if they mind you jumping in on the fun. Usually unless it really is a very private moment(why it would be in say I dunno) most people don't mind walk up adds to the RP)