New Role Player here!

Melodia

Hello everyone! My name is Rurutani and I while I have played for months on another server casually, I wanted a more in-depth experience in the game and so I joined the Balmung server to try and roleplay.

MMORPG background - FFXIV: ARR is my first foray into the MMORPG genre and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

RP experience - While I have played RPGs (tabletop and video games), I have not played this type of game in RP style and I look forward to learning more about it.

Character ideas/info - As I am incredibly weak on the lore I am still trying to conceive what I envision for Rurutani. I kind of like the idea of him being quiet with some weight of the past on his shoulders, yet incredibly hesitant to share details. Sorry....still working at this.

How did you learn about the coalition? - Completely by accident. I was looking up random information on FFXIV and clicked the link for the site and became curious as I read various posts, etc.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? - Between medium and heavy. I play casually on the Goblin server already so if I am investing time to playthrough again, I want it to be a unique and fun experience.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) - I live in Connecticut and work in Human Resources. I play on the PS3 but praying I can afford a PS4 later so I can upgrade. I enjoy a variety of games and have played many of the Final Fantasy series, with my absolute favorite actually being FF Tactics. The original actually made me cry! :cry:

Looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends as I re-explore the game.

Thank you, Clover. I appreciate the advice. I know it was funny this morning when I joined the server, I felt like a fish out of water (although I know the game! :P) as I wandered around Gridania. Defintiely need to get used to the environment again.

Welcome to the forums and server! ^^/  I hope you manage to settle in as soon as possible and find yourself quickly thrown in among ongoing plots(assuming that's what you want).

I'm not actively playing the game myself anymore but the RP community here is just wonderful. I'm sure you'll come to enjoy it really soon. Good luck with your character and above all, have fun! ^^

Hey, I'm pretty sure I've seen you out in the world today! Just outside Gridania, to be precise. I kind of zoomed past in the midst of an adventuring spree.

I'm new here as well, but have a welcome from me, anyway. Hopefully I'll run into you again at some point!