Rendezvous of Stars

[align=center]tumblr_n4z3stwO6x1smm21jo1_1280.jpg

[/align]

As you look up at the lonely darkness of the nighttime sky, a scarcity of stars twinkle down to offer comfort. Yet one such star catches your gaze, glimmering its distant hope onto the sleeping earth. In that moment, you are strangely reassured that you are not alone - but, rather, connected to all the other sparkling lights that hang above.

Soon you discover a symbol: a stylized mark on your skin that certainly wasn't there before. It is a character in an unfamiliar language, and no amount of scrubbing or magic seems to remove it. Staring at the design for long periods of time gives you the same feeling as that fated night, despite its enigmatic origin.

As you walk through the busy marketplace, a sudden spike of recognition bombards you as you pass an individual. You feel as though you've just stepped past someone you've always known, though when you look, they are a stranger to your eyes. Continuing your gait, the sensation nags at you, feeling as though the two of you were intended to meet.

Then come the dreams. You walk amongst a landscape that is not your own, glimpsing the experiences of an unknown personage. You witness memories both joyous and dark, from a wedding in a glade to the death of that same love.

Slowly and surely, whether by fortune's blessing or an afflicted curse, you know that you are not alone.

[align=center]゚・:*:・。☆。・:*:・゚[/align]

((The purpose of this linkshell is to provide a cross-FC RP concept that can bring our characters together, regardless of alignment or occupation. Anyone who wishes to be involved in this 'entwined fate' plot chooses a star to represent their character, which coincides with their mark. (There is a "Stars" link on the website for more info on which are taken, and which are available.)

After the experience above happens to a character, they find themselves inexplicably drawn to their fellows. While strong, this supernatural allure is purely platonic in nature, and does not denote romantic involvement. The odd paradox of the curse is that these people are drawn together by a firm strand of fate, but it does not control their personal opinions toward the individual in question. As such, someone may be reflexively compelled to defend someone from their undoing, while possessing nothing but the greatest ire toward them. Feel free to explore how your character might react to this sudden occurrence happening to them.

So as not to arouse suspicion, the denizens afflicted by the mark gather under the guise of a functional Host Club, which opens once a month to the public. More specifically, the establishment is titled "Rendezvous."

Want to know more? Please check out the Guidelines, Policies, and FAQ on our forums; hopefully that will answer the remainder of your questions! ))

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yang is best Gardenmancer. ♥

I think we all learnt a valuable lesson this day about the validity of that fact.

Did a single crow appear, no.

Next time I should stand around for good luck! T~T Or something!

Also, first Event's been posted on the website calendar, woo!

Yang is best Gardenmancer. ♥

I think we all learnt a valuable lesson this day about the validity of that fact.

Did a single crow appear, no.

Next time I should stand around for good luck! T~T Or something!

Also, first Event's been posted on the website calendar, woo!

Yay event! I can't wait! :D

Me neither!

And I just posted another! *echoing cackle*

I'm pretty much the Oprah of events. /USpopculturereference

I know who Oprah is -_-

Aww, then you should've messed with me like "I know who Oprah is. She's the main actress in Transformers 3. Obviously. Stop being such a condescending American, Maia. Geeeeeeze." :love:

Me neither!

I know who Oprah is -_-

Aww, then you should've messed with me like "I know who Oprah is. She's the main actress in Transformers 3. Obviously. Stop being such a condescending American, Maia. Geeeeeeze." :love:

Oprah is a singer, right? So good that she got a whole genre named loosely after her!

Me neither!

I know who Oprah is -_-

Oprah is a singer, right? So good that she got a whole genre named loosely after her!

That's absolutely right, Gwen. *serious nod* That's absolutely right...

Hiya! Tried to make my alt last night but Balmung has silly restrictions will try again today.

Hey there! Also, yay! :moogle:

I've found that generally, it's only possible to bring a new character onto Balmung in the wee, early hours of the morning. Maybe try it before heading to work if you have a 9-5-type job, or a few bells after midnight if you're a night owl. ^^ Basically, it'll only let you on if there aren't many people already logged in.

This is just from my experience, though. You probably already knew all of that, haha.

Hiya! Tried to make my alt last night but Balmung has silly restrictions will try again today.

Just sitting here with my create a new character button nice and clickable <3

Spoony, please.

That's cold, Gwencrow. Cold like Shiva.

Also... *pulls cord for streamer cannon* We've officially got 10 people in the LS, as of yesterday! Woohoo! I have about 3-5 more intro scenes to run as well, but I will get everyone in ASAP!

We had our first event yesterday, and it went well! (Although speaking ICly, that could be debatable, haha.) I had a great time, and I'm looking forward to the next one! Thank you again to everyone who attended!

Because sharing is caring, I figured I'd post the pics from the event here, too.

http://hostingstars.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1772317

Also, if I have not run your intro scene yet, let me know so we can schedule it! :moogle:

To my Stars~ (and potential Stars, I suppose!)

I have posted a transcript of our second event on the forums, right here! It was an important one, and I posted it in the "Dreams & Visions" forum, so it's fair game for your character to know ICly through that. Pictures are in the bottom post!

I also posted an IC note on the Bulletin Board for people to check out and follow up on, if they wish. For more OoC details, check out any of the posts on our Event calendar this week~!

Hopefully this helps to generate more fun and interesting RP!

Hello again, Starlings! (Or potential Stars~)

In case people check here moreso than over there, I just wanted to mention that we have an ongoing Event series this week (and into next), as well as two new events posted on the Calendar!

Also, please feel free to check out this IC note on the Host Club Bulletin Board if you'd like to give your input on the details of the Club before it opens~!

There are also a lot of stories popping up in our forums, and they're interesting ones! Give them a read if you'd like!

That's all for now. Toodles~! :moogle:

• 1 month later...

Finally got the flier done up for our Grand Opening! Feel free to check it out under the "Host Club" tab!

Since the Host Club is still so limited with staff and seating (we only have a Cottage), I may not add this to the calendar.

As of right now, our first "opening of the doors" will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis. (In other words, the first people to physically arrive will get their first pick, until all Hosts/Hostesses are selected.) However, if your character doesn't get in this time, we plan to open our doors for the exclusive event at least once per month!

• 2 weeks later...

I've added the Host Club Menu to the Host Club tab! Feel free to check it out and reference it for our opening day tomorrow... er, I guess it's later today, at this point?

Also, to anyone seeking membership who has not already submitted an application: I am categorizing our recruitment as "slowed". We aren't closing our doors for the LS/FC, but it may take us a day or two before we get to your intro scene, due to a recent influx of new applicants.

Thank you! ♥

Thanks, Pyra!

As a general announcement, our recruitment stance has changed to Restricted.

What this means is that unless someone is personally recommended by someone who is already in the LS, they must meet the following criteria before they can join:

- They must express enthusiasm about the concept and getting involved. No, "Eh, I guess I'll try it out" mindsets.

- They must be on board, at least in part, with the Stars concept. Originally, I had planned to allow people to join if they wanted to be a part of the Host Club aspect only, but I'm changing that. It can be Stars, or Stars + Host Club, but not just joining for the Host Club.

- I need to get a sense that they'll at least check the forums every now and then.

- No more people who will 'conveniently ignore' Dreams and Visions. It's part of the concept, and it's also very encouraging to your fellows when you read their writing!

Thank you all for your understanding! ♥

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to give a heads up, our next Host Club opening looks like it will be slated for Saturday, August 30th, at 5:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM EST.

Due to scheduling, it seems our Host selection may or may not be limited, so please be aware that Guests will be paired on a first-come, first-serve basis! (They'll still be able to select their Host/Hostess, of course, but there may be fewer options due to many of our people being on vacation right now.)

Thank you! ♥

• 3 weeks later...