Control

This, then, was as it should be. "I'll be keepin' tabs once ye've got yer . . . deal worked out," she murmured, not sure if Thatcher would hear her and not caring. She'd done her job, and she'd other business to mind. She'd check in with Thatcher later. For the moment, she offered one last sneer, skipped the lantern, and forsook the tunnel in favor of climbing up the wall and quickly out of sight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bait.

Her smile turned sweet at the sound of her name and she a gave a slow wink. 

The bite.

"I knew it would come to you," her tone was light and playful as she watched him, watched his gaze dance over her. 

The hook.

Even the most skilled would fall to their vices and that's all Grace exuded. Vice. Sin. Danger with a friendly if not taunting smile. A hand of cards that begged to be played, that made one bet despite their better judgement. 

The grin on his face made her lips pull together to a more demure smile. His grin was a familiar gesture, one that she'd seen before on many faces, a grin that she would normally push into a licked pair of lips or a wanting sigh.

Grace made a pleased noise as he spoke, her brows lifting with interest at his words.

"I believe the knights in those stories are required to commit some valiant, heroic act before finding the rewards the princesses have to offer."" She chuckled lightly, turning from him slightly and taking a step toward the overlook's edge, "So, dear knight Roark...are you willing to save your princess?" She looked over her shoulder at him. a brow lofted in question.

"That is unless you're not up for the challenge.. or the reward..."

He remembered her smell to well, too well. He was young man when he first fell to her lovely words and seductive techniques. A young stupid kid who followed his cock and not the screaming voice in his head that told him many things were a bad idea. Pyralis kept his grin and gaze on her but couldn't help but feel like he was young again, that same young dumb kid who would jump at this woman's every command. 

Remember Pyralis, the dumb ones are the first to go.

Pyralis wiped the grin from his face when she mentioned the challenge and the reward. He would tilt his head at her and tap his chin with his index finger, pretending to study her carefully. He had forgotten the name he used back then...Desmond Roark. He had stolen that name off a dead slaver in the shroud. Best to keep that name in handy.

Instinctively, he folded his arms behind his back touching ever so slightly the daggers he kept on him at all times. He would take a few steps forward and pretend to be enamored with her delicious backside. 

"Ahhh dear Grace. Challenges and rewards are what I thrive on." Pyralis said pulling his gaze back to her eyes. "But if the reward happens to be you Grace...I'm afraid I'll have to pass as your looks to me have lost to the passage of time."

A little quip and lie to test the waters.

The woman laughed softly and turned to face him again.

Lost to time... That's a steamy pile a' tuco-shit  if I've ever heard one...

She donned a frown as she looked up at him, "I'm sorry to hear that..." then pulled her lips up to one side in a smirk, "you haven't lost your taste for women, have you?"

He smiled playfully when he saw the frown. He believed that it was genuine from his comment and simply offered a simple bow of his head. 

"One cannot ever lose the taste for women. I say it is almost blasphemous for you to even suggest such a thing."

Pyralis lifted up his head and locked his violet eyes to hers. He smiled widely and said in a playful manner, "I simply have more -defined- taste dear Grace. Some -aged- wines do not keep their flavor and spoil. But enough of faltering looks and what could have been. Tell me of this -challenge- you have in mind."

Pyralis maintained that playful smile and loose body language. He kept his hands behind his back just in case the lovely Grace had friends who wanted to play. After all, no one liked to be insulted...especially to their face.

Grace barked out a laugh at the notion that she was spoiled wine, her head canted back with the amused sound.

She brought her hand to her mouth as she giggled away the titter of laughter, "Mm. You forget, love, I employed those you slept with. I know which of us has soured grapes." She brought her fingers together in measure, eyeing him up and down with a teasing glance.

"Just because you like to make your lovers drink doesn't mean they don't remember, " she chuckled a breathy sigh and shook her head, bringing her free hand up in a wave to dismiss the banter. She took another step, this time to the side as she would if she was going to circle him again.

"Just as before, my rewards are not yours to reap. Though, I'll be happy to set you up again." Her finger drew to her chin tapping it lightly as she looked around the overlook, "Who was it you favored.... Rose? No.., " she grinned, "Yes... just after she changed her hair..." She moved a hand through her locks casually as she continued her languid stroll around him, looking back over her shoulder after tossing the hair from her way, "I bet you thought of me... " She gave a quick wink and continued before he was able to quip back.

"The challenge I offer you is this: As Zhavi mentioned, I need someone to infiltrate a rival business for me. Someone that can play a woman's heartstrings like a harp." She lifted a shoulder as she came around full circle and stopped before him, "Your love of women is not a secret, nor is your ability to woo and coo your way into their arms. I want you to work your way into the hearts of the staff, pull the secrets from their lips, as it were."

The time for games was coming to an end, and Grace watched him closely, "The target is Tabart proprietor of Jaded, a whoremonger in Ul'dah. I need information. Find out what they're up to: money lines, string pulling, clientele. I need an in on the hand they're playing against me."

She moved her other hand under the cloak on her arm, letting both hands rest in front of her at her waist, waiting for his reply.

The bard smiled wider at her words, she was such a charmer. That laugh, that gaze, that grin. Ahhh, how he missed it all so much! But the days of sleeping with the help was behind him. He had no need for the ladies who sold their bodies for coin. Information was how he survived. Information and favors....

When she finished her speech and stood in front of him, he would slowly and carefully remove his hands from his back to seem as non-threatening as possible. If allowed he would place his right hand lightly under her chin almost caressing it. The smile would remain on his face but the playfulness was gone from his voice. A more business like tone.

"Dear sweet Grace...I have no need for you to -set- me up. Nor do I need the coin if you were to offer such things. I'd gladly infiltrate this rival business for you and bring down rains of fire on all who would seek to harm you and those lovely ladies under your care. The only thing I ask in return is a favor of my liking...whenever I ask for it. A small price for something so great no? After all...information is key in this truly -lonely- place we live in, no?"

If allowed to place his hand from before, he'd gently remove it running the tips of his fingers away from her chin in an attempt to give her chills.

She smiled at the touch and watched him pull away.

A favor.

A small price to pay...

She didn't like it.

A favor was anything but a small price and she knew it. Nothing in this world came with out great sacrifice. One hand taking from another. No, money was her answer to problems. Heaps of it tossed at her problems until they worked themselves away. Not favors. Favors meant debt. Favors meant tethers. Andralyn did not like being tethered. 

She watched him, the smile not faltering as she weighed her need with the price.

Finally she nodded, "A favor, a small price indeed."

She shifted her weight casually from one foot to the other, "Do not take this challenge lightly. The men.. man.. Tabart works for is dangerous, and Tabart is desperate making him just as serious a threat. Tread lightly. Come out with your life." The concerned warning was sincere, its intent, perhaps not so. She was hardly concerned with his life, but concerned that the information he could get would be lost if he failed.

Pyralis grinned widely, a genuine grin this time. A favor from a powerful person was always the best kind to have. What use is coin when the land is on fire and what you really need is water?

The life blood of all the work he has ever done relied on favors and not the contents of ones purse. Of course favors are hard to come by. Dangerous even. This would be no small task and more than likely he'd have to spill some blood...hopefully not his own.

He would approach Grace slowly and close if allowed and speak almost seductively, "A deal it is sweet Grace. Your -concern- of me warms my heart. It warms my heart so much that perhaps we seal this little venture we have with a kiss hm?"

Pyralis would attempt to ever so lightly brush aside some of her hair if allowed (if he was allowed to approach her closely before).

Careful not to tempt the devil too much bard.

Grace smiled at his approach, allowing the touch and the distance to close between them. Her smile broadened as she moved to join him in the venture, her hand moving to his cheek. She lifted to her toes slightly pressing close to him.

Her lips hovered over his as she went in for the kiss, moving at the last moment to brush his cheek and whisper past his ear, "I wouldn't want you to drink spoiled wine, Desmond."

She grinned as she came back down to her feet, taunting him with the smirk. She took a step back and turned slowly walking away as she began to pull the cloak over her again, "I look forward to hearing what you have to offer..."

He did the best he could to suppress the shiver she had sent down his spine, cursed woman was too good. Pyralis kept a grin on his face and gave her a small bow. "I promise you'll not be disappointed beautiful one."

Pyralis continued to watch her as she faded into the shadows. Shortly after making his way through them himself in the opposite direction. There was work to do. No more time for games.