Hi everyone.

So this is my first post here, and who knows possibly the last one. So I dug my ps4 out under the pile of dust it had cumulated and bought the game for ps4 few days ago and so far I have lots of mixed feelings about it. First of all I'm huge Final Fantasy fan and even bigger RPG fan in general, I have played almost all of the the FF titles to date, and also some of them multiple times. However when it comes to MMO's I'm not so experienced. I've tried several MMO's over the years This beign the most recent one, to my dissapointment the experience so far reflects almost exactly what I have had before. 

My main problem is the questing, while I knew perfectly well what I was going it (generic fetch quests and kill x amount of y enemy over and over again.) Somehow I thought Final Fantasy setting could save it. sadly that isn't the case, which is really shame since the world is so beautifully created and all the backround lore seems rather interesting so far the little that delved into it.

I've played the game mostly solo now, but few occasions that i have had with groups of people mainly doing fates and some dungeons have felt amazing. The idea of doing this and other stuff with like minded players while roleplaying would be the reason to get me really invested to this.

But without further rambling. so hopefully there some are players here who would be interested in sharing roleplaying experiences. Keep in mind I'm still quite a beginner in MMO's and in roleplaying with people in general.

Character name: Artoirel Valeriant

Server: Odin

Hey there~

I'm not sure how the RP community is on Odin server, but I've had exceptionally good luck getting into all sorts of RP over on Balmung, to a point where I'm almost always busy between that and quests/instances, etc.  Gilgamesh is also a server to consider, but I can't really compare the two.  If you're looking for in-character interaction to help keep your interest, though, you might consider trying one of the two.

I wish you luck!

Yeah, I found out that those where the unofficial RP servers a bit too late since I'm already level 18. :lol: I'll probably make my next character on Gilgamesh once I have enough experience knowledge of the game with my current thaumaturgist. It would be shame to throw all that time and effort to waste.

Yeah, I found out that those where the unofficial RP servers a bit too late since I'm already level 18. :lol: I'll probably make my next character on Gilgamesh once I have enough experience knowledge of the game with my current thaumaturgist. It would be shame to throw all that time and effort to waste.

You could always transfer.  If you find the server isn't taking new players right now, keep trying every couple days or so, usually in the mornings.  It's $18 to make the jump, but at least you'll be able to keep your progress.

Also worth mentioning that while it feels like you'll have come a long way in hitting level 18, you'll be able to make the difference up fairly quickly on a new character should you choose to roll one. You'll already have a bit of know-how and that makes the next class/alt/whatever go much faster.

Yeah I know, still I don't really feel comfortable hopping into the RP server just yet, as much as I would like to. Much of the stuff is still pretty overwhelming and I don't want my lack of understanding hinder the experience of mine, and the other players.