A Long-Overdue Introduction

Mercy

Hi everyone! Mercy Peregrine here! I've been lurking around here for a long time and, well, figured it was high time I came out and introduced myself.

I actually started playing FFXIV back when ARR was released (and a bit in Beta too even) and fell in love with the game. Circumstance took me away for a few months, but now I'm back and running around on Balmung!

MMORPG background:

Oh dear, there are a lot of them... EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Rift, and Guild Wars 2 were the main ones, and I've dabbled in several others.

RP experience:

I've been RP'ing since EQ1, shortly after I began playing, so it's been nearly fifteen years. I've RP'd in MMOs, tabletop games, and chat-based RP groups

Character ideas/info:

I currently have two characters to play.

First is Mercy Peregrine, a Miqo'te Dragoon of small stature who is bright and cheerful and generally friendly. Though she does have a somewhat unhealthy penchant for thrill-seeking and has been known to pick fights that ought not to be picked.

Second is Alaena Miura, a young Midlander Thaumaturge who is pretty much Mercy's opposite - shy, timid, and bookish, preferring solitary studying to large crowds. However, she is never averse to a bit of danger in order to advance her knowledge of the Arcane.

How did you learn about the coalition?

To be honest, I can't remember exactly. I think I was referred here by a friend shortly after I began playing the game, and found it in my favourites list when I came back.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I like to think of myself as a heavy roleplayer. I am always in-character, even when just running around. The only exception is while in a party in a dungeon (unless it's an IC dungeon) and even then I try to be IC if I can.

I think that's about it for now. If you see me running around on Balmung on either character, feel free to RP with me!

Looking forward to meeting folks!