Character Math!

I had to think a long time for this!

Okay for Roen:

Olivia Dunham from Fringe, in terms of her quiet voice, her expressions, her tendency to be introspective, and seriousness and devotion to her work. She does not smile often, but when she does it really comes from within. If I had to pick just one character, it would be Olive.

T7XlNHS.png

Then there is her stubbornness and a pinch of naivete in how she sticks to her ideals and Oaths. That's Brienne of Tarth.

X6UOERd.png

Lastly her tomboyish nature and her youthful innocence. I like Ivy Walker from The Village (anyone watch that movie?) and the look of Bryce Dallas Howard in the picture below is so perfect. (I could have picked Merida from Brave for the same reason, but she is no longer quite as rebellious or carefree since running away)

IYf1tWz.jpg

46bc2afa7420550b3539be0fee229c9f189d0ee4.jpg?1173105

Anelia's look and attitude would be more related to Saber from FATE/Stay Night. Honorable Knight and Kingship, and Absolutism on Justice. 

e390ea0f25108275c1fcf17ce28109b16d37de02.png?473905

Mizuho's appearance would be Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai  (Garden of Sinners), where she acts coldly toward people, but follows people's orders and do what she can do to keep her promises. A lot of vigilante based emotions and actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, lemme give this a shot.

Joshamee Gibbs, Pirates of the Caribbean

OSTGibbsProfile.jpg

Hwab's loyalty, manner of speaking, and love of drink.

Tai Ho, Suikoden 

Tai_Ho_SII.gif

Actually inspired Hwab's general appearance (though Hwab is younger) and shares his love for gambling, fishing, and sailing! Also happens to use a spear in battle, which is Hwab's favored weapon.

Asuma, Naruto

1000px-Asuma_Sarutobi.png

Probably very close to Aerghwab's personality. Outwardly rather laid back. Very blunt and to the point. Prefers not to get involved in things unless necessary. Smokes. ;P

I love this thread! ^^ It was very interesting, and fun, to read through and see the characters that others are composed of. So here is mine;

In order to get Chika Ito there are several components.

Let us begin with her archery skills. She has been training for roughly seventeen years as an Archer. For this we add a pinch of the Green Arrow. There is always room for improvement, and there are times she has an off day, and her accuracy isn't always up to par.

500x375http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/arrow-tv-show-the-pros-and-cons-of-a-dccu-and-arrow-connection.jpeg?width=3000&height=2248[/img]

Twenty-three years of her life she has trained as a Pugilist, starting with the basic stances and how to hold a weapon at age four. She knows how to use her body in close quarter combat. For this we add a splash of Jason Statham from the Transporter series (or any movie where he kicks ass!) Her close combat fighting style is inspired by him.

500x333http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pyjzv5vfzrs/UDvbYyVS8wI/AAAAAAAAZKU/36ovYew6TC0/s1600/the_transporter_3_movie_image_jason_statham.jpg[/img]

Chika has four children. Twin fraternal boys who are seven, a daughter who is three, and another daughter that is five months old. She is dedicated to her family, and very loyal to them. On top of raising four children she works for the Free Wing Society, and owns 'Sew Beautiful' where she makes things from weaving, and leather working. She is a tough working mother who busts her rear every day to support her family. For this we add two cups Lynette Scavo from 'Desperate Housewives'! Throughout all eight seasons they go through Lynette's home life, and struggling to raise her kids and trying to keep her husband happy, and toward the end of the series she finally goes back to working for a big company.

500x280http://www.mummyintown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lynette-scavo-f%C3%AAte-des-m%C3%A8res.jpg[/img]

Laughter is the best medicine, and she loves making her friends and family smile and laugh. Time to add several tablespoons of Wanda Sykes! Sometimes Chika's humor can be a bit crude, and adult rated, but she still makes people laugh.

wandasykes_web300.jpg

For her attitude, when she gets one, and self confidence we add several dashes of Regina Mills from 'Once Upon a Time'. This woman has a lot of spunk, and sass, and when she doesn't get her way she knows how to even the score.

400x480http://37.media.tumblr.com/a7ffed77f2407ff232c8430747c2e593/tumblr_mluvcw7BNf1rf6x0go1_500.jpg[/img]

Chika's sexiness comes from a whole cereal box worth of Eva Longoria! My personal weakness is Latina women, and I cannot resist a beautiful face with caramel skin. 

500x600http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/62/e3/01/62e301daafd73f3fcb2f271d55fac0fb.jpg[/img]

Time to wrap this up. The base idea, the inspiration for Chika, comes from none other than Yoruichi Shihoin Zanpakuto! Her style, her sass and attitude, her courage, and not to mention intelligence and grace (lets add sexy to the mix too) inspired me to create Chika.

400x567http://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/yoruichi_by_kresnik02.jpg[/img]

I have to start out with one of my all-time favorite heroes.

Lloyd_Irving_PSP___Red_by_jbeave.png

Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Garryson has similar views on being a hero and idealism of a world that can work for everyone. Like Lloyd, he isn't the best at everything, but he doesn't let that stop him from trying and helping others to try.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkjDlnEIhDS_jSLEI8QKu2exrq2aqCEcW7OfF6G1pYYcWjLySW

Akira Takizawa, or "The Air King" from Eden of the East. Takizawa never backed down from doing what had to be done to make his country a better place. He made himself out to be the villain for the greater good. He also constantly disappears to shoulder the burden alone, a trait Garryson has. Garryson is always trying to do everything himself, taking what burdens he can onto his own shoulders so that others don't have to.

holland0001.jpg

I take a few different things from Holland Novak of Eureka 7. Garryson's jaded sense of reality and leadership pull from Holland's style. Garryson, like Holland, has the personality of a rider, aching for freedom and exhilaration. Coupled with the side of him that is a social renegade is the level headed, sometimes emotionless, leadership of necessity.

edward-edward-elric-11625301-1280-800.jpg

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. A lot of Garryson's childhood has similarities with the Elric brothers. He has sins he eternally holds onto, seeking redemption and feeling like he doesn't deserve a home to return to until he's redeemed his soul. He has seen far too much of the darker side of life from an early age, which forced him to grow up too fast.

These are the biggest influences on my character. A jaded, but deep down idealistic, hero.

• 3 weeks later...

Tarot has evolved over time but I like to think that his core has remained largely the same.

I'll start with the general theme I was going for before I get into full on personality:

Happy Mask Salesman

231x370http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/236/6/e/Happy_Mask_salesman_by_JohnnyCago.jpg[/img]

I wanted to create someone very much like the Happy Mask Salesman. As a person who works in sales myself (working on making opening my own shop) I've ALWAYS loved playing or reading about peddlers, shopkeepers and the the like. Especially if they were mysterious, shady or dealt in exotic wares--you know, the stores that play the creepy or odd music when your character enters into the confines of the shop. Tarot being a peddler and having a 'home base' for his shop simply made sense.

ADD

Dante - Devil May Cry

281x458http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120624040550/devilmaycry/images/6/63/Dante_4.png[/img]

Dante is the core personality of Tarot--at his core, he is a good guy but prefers to play alone and by his own rules. He takes very little seriously (apart from his shop) and tries to do things that interest or amuse him. Sure he might help fight to save the world but at the same time, it might take coaxing or bribing to make it happen.

Put it together and what do you get?

Carnatux - Soul Sacrifice

228px-Carnatux.jpeg

This one is a bit more obscure however I have never found a character that more embodies the reason I made Tarot in the first place. Besides the only main difference, their attitudes and goals are so similar it is eerie (and I swear Tarot HAS been around longer than Carnatux--I've had him for 3/4s of a decade now. I've got the papers to prove it~ :angel: )

This sounds fun! Here's my three (not exactly movie-based, but that doesn't seem to be a problem).

Let's start with the base - Chuck from Telltale's The Walking Dead:

306x500http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120916192202/thewalkingdead/es/images/0/08/Chuck_pic.jpg[/img]

Averill Rooks is a Hyur on the road. How he got there is more of a choice than a consequence, but he's a vagrant. He travels, settling for a moon or two before his wanderlust snatches him from home and hearth. That said, he doesn't enjoy his vagrancy alone. Like Chuck, he enjoys company on the road, swapping stories and maybe a pint or two as the journey goes on. He loves other people, especially those with a tale to tell.

Next up, lets look at the minutiae of his behaviour. His quirks, actions, manners. Here, we turn to Black Cat's Train Heartnet:

300x585http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101027000321/b__/blackcat/images/4/44/TrainGraphicManga.png[/img]

On the road or at the pub, Averill is goofy to a fault. He likes to laugh, he loves to chat, he never takes anything too seriously until he absolutely has to. When something precious is on the line, be it his life or his pride, he can take it up a notch. He may not be the best at what he does, but Hells be damned if Averill doesn't step up to the challenge.

Character number three is a bit trickier, so let's turn to his fears. This was a tough choice, but I settled on Gurren Lagann's Simon (pre-timeskip):

322x499http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131208070802/gurennlagann/images/5/5e/Tumblr_mwhcen2XbG1skkrxzo3_500.jpg[/img]

No matter how strong or storied Averill becomes, there's always something big, mean and angry ready to snatch his livelihood away. For a man who values wanderlust and companionship above all else, it can take an age for Averill to actually start talking about himself. His friends fascinate him - but it's a fascination he holds at arm's length. Adventuring is dangerous work, and it'll only take one misstep for him to lose those he truly cares for.

That's that. I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek into my main character. See you all server-side! :D