Hello there!

Auri

Another new player here, saying hello!

I'm new on the Balmung server, been here for four days now. I chose that server because I absolutely love RP. So when I discovered this site, my choice became clear over the time leading up to my picking up the game. And yep, I stayed up for 22 hours until 5:30 AM to make a character here lol. So, that should tell you something!

A little bit about myself: I've been playing MMO's for just over 10 years. RP is a HUGE part of what makes it enjoyable for me. I tend to like to write..like, a lot! So don't be surprised if at some point don the road a "character journal" doesn't pop up somewhere.

Some history, I wasn't always a RP'r. I started MMO's doing mainly PVP but after awhile I always felt like I was missing something. So one day, I gave it a shot and never looked back. That was a looong time ago. Since then, I've written story lines, journals, plots.. Yeah, I enjoy it!

Anyway, I'm not a stranger to the Final Fantasy world, but I'm not expert either! My first MMO was FFXVII. That game opened the flood gates. I playes FFXVIII and a little of FFX, but that was years ago. Since then I've played a few others, SWG until they pulled the plug, WoW, TSW. But this game after seeing it, yeah I'm hooked! So I'm still learning the lore and trying to absorb it all.

As for RP, I tend to be IC at all times in game,with the exception of /tells. So if you see Auriana out and about, don't be shy!

I'll leave it at that for now, I don't want to be end up TL;DR lol.

But if you want to know more, please feel free to ask away!

See ya IG!

Thank you Yangh! I appreciate the welcome! :D

I may just take you up on that when I see you, and I hope you do the same. I'm really looking forward to hopefully meeting some great people. What times are you usually online?

Yeeees, more rp love. Each of the main cities have their mainstays, sometimes it's a matter of wandering around to find it (Ul'dah, in particular, is usually full of rpers you'll see rping out and about the city), and if that doesn't work I've found that pming players of characters I like (you can find character pages on the wiki -- if you use the 'recent updates' page you'll get those that are being worked on and thus you'll know them to be active -- otherwise people usually have links to character profile in their sig) can help get you jump started.

Welcome to the RPC, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you guys soo much! A lot of good info there, thank you!

I pretty much have the foundation to Auriana's back story hammered out, and chomping the bit to start her journal lol. I'm just kind of stuck on the time line, and how to work the angle.

This will be a whole different approach to a story than I've ever taken, so I'm pretty excited for the challenge. I may start it anyway and fill in the details latter as I learn a little more. I know it's set 5 years after the "calamity"...is that still pretty much where things are?

Oh and more importantly, is there somewhere I can find some detailed info on the highlanders? Everything I've been able to find myself is relatively vague, and I really want to learn as much as possible.

In the mean time, I'll keep my eye out for some of you! :D

Hey there, welcome to Balmung and the RPC! :D It's good to have you here. I'm happy to role-play anytime, so feel free to say hello if you see me around in game! Under the Wiki tab, you can find some basic information on all the races if you haven't stumbled across it already.