A Broken Mind and a New Life (Semi-closed)

Guest Ragnar

"Hells know my sister is."  Askier raised his glass in return and then took a sip of the tea.  Askier disguised his shudder of disapproval as best he could and then placed his glass down. 

"Well, so long as my past stops showing up to haunt me, I'll have no problem with that.  And right now, I'm focused on making sure you get through this impending breakdown of yours.  I'm not looking forward to it, but the fact that you making toasts and talking in sentences consisting of more than three words at long last, makes me excited for -after- your melt down. I'm wondering what the Alexei underneath all your walls."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ragnar

"Am curious to see for myself. Vill not be same as vas before, vill not be same as am now. He frowns a little as he looks at Askier. "Should change into dry clothing. Vill go upstairs and get another blanket from medical bay."

Alexei stands and sets his empty cup back with his supplies. "Can make soup if are hungry. Should eat hot things to restore body heat." He starts his slow ascent of the stairs. "Vill not taste good. Am terrible cook."

"You're talking to the man who thought three square bottles of whiskey a day was a good meal plan. I'll take the soup."

The Garlean rose to his feet to change, the blanket draped over his shoulders like a cloak, swaying as he walked towards a chest.  The miqo'te heard Alexei reach the top of the stairs and Askier gave a sigh.

"Come the hells or insanity, Alexei," A skier muttered. "I'm making sure you get through this. I swear it."

Guest Ragnar

Alexei folded up the blanket from his cot. He'd recently put together a medical bay and had been living there for a few days. He turned and started to walk back.

Pain. Sudden pain of such intensity, the likes of which he had never felt before.

The world began spinning, hundreds of faces came flooding into his mind. Faces of those he'd murdered, tortured. The dam in his mind shattered and sixteen years of repressed emotion came rushing back like an unstoppable torrent. Remorse. Guilt. A lifetime of horrors and atrocities he had committed.

There was blood oozing from his head. He was lying crumpled on the floor of the infirmary, his head had clipped the desk when he fell. His grey eyes, once empty and cold, were now filled with terror and guilt. They darted back and forth, as if looking between many things. The world around him was gone. He saw none of it, the nightmares of his past stood before him now.

Alexei's body lay still, save for an occasional twitch. He was softly repeating the same thing over and over in another language. "I am a monster. What have I done?"

A skier sat in the basmene for nearly two hours. He had changed into a brown pair of paints and a green shirt that had been split into two parts to accommodate his tail, which was curled into his lap as his right hand slowly spun a silver ring on the table, the whirling metal humming softly as it rotated. The golden eyes watched it as his mind wandered from topic to topic.

Alexei, his mental condition, how soon. The Garlean had no way of knowing but he was ready.

The ring spun.

Jin'li, his half sibling. A runt. Dead. Thank the twelve. He would waste no more of his time reflecting on the dead runt. The runt didn't deserve to be remembered.

The ring spun.

Saravena.  His sister whom he had sacrificed so much for. She was all grown up now. He was proud of the woman she had become.

The ring spun.

The ex whom had chosen her power over him. The one who had given him the spinning ring. The woman who he could not completely forget. 

The ring spun.

Alexei. Where was he?

Askier jerked out of his stupor and blinked as his thoughts came full circle. The Garlean looked around and wondered how long he had been spinning the ring.  A long time he realized. The miqo'te looked at the stairs and ascended them slowly.

When he saw the setting suns's rays slipping through the windows, his stomach knotted. Alexei had been gone longer than he thought.

Was it happening?

The Garlean opened the door to the private  rooms and began walking towards the door of Alexei's medical bay.

((And I think Alexei and I are taking this in-game from here ))